1
3 Comments

Reduce Smart Phone Addiction and make you more Productive

Hello Indie Hackers.
Smartphones have now become indispensable in our lives.
I spend an average of 3H 48M a day (~25% of my wake-up time) on my phone (tracked for 192 days) and that's a lot.

Most of the people I see in trains, cafes, parks, office etc bury their heads into phones avoiding social interaction.
This usage not only reduces personal productivity but also increases anxiety and stress.

If it resonates with you, would you mind answering a quick question?

If I reduce your phone usage and give your time back, would you be happy to pay a small amount?
Example: Paying $5 to keep you away from your phone for 8 hours.

P.S: If you could stay away from the phone as above, you can win back more than $5.
So not only you are more productive but earn your money back with a bonus as well. It's a WIN WIN.

  1. 1

    Any one else resonates with this smart phone usage problem?

  2. 1

    I might not be your target market so take with a grain of salt. I don't use my smart phone unless I'm bored and waiting, usually to make the time pass faster. I guess I would pay you $5 if within those few minutes, you could provide value of some kind. What value? Well people already charge for distractions and amusement (games, stories,apps etc)
    but if you could make me feel connected in a new way, or more ready for the world, or just giving me something worthwhile to do in those few minutes...
    I don't know...i'd probably pay $5 for that.

    1. 1

      Thanks Kosma, what do you like to do worthwhile ?
      like reading interesting books or learning new skills ?