7
17 Comments

Building a platform for bootstrapping Startups - List your own Api or Service!

Hello everyone 👋!,
We are building a platform to help bootstrap startups by listing all the apis or third party services, like SMS, analytical tools, legal, Domain Registration, payroll, email hosting, accounting etc so that startups can focus on their core product.

If you are providing such a service please let us know, we would love 💗 to list you on our platform.

Please help us by answering the following questions so that we may have a better idea of the problems faced by startups.

a. Do you use any third party services or api’s for your product or services?
b. If yes, what are the three most important services used by you?
c. Do you feel there is a need for a platform where you can discover such services?

Any other feedback is solicited.

Thanks!

  1. 2

    I'd like to highlight three services:

    • Okta - handles all Auth logic easily
    • Paddle - api for accepting payments. Main advantage - it's working in almost all countries (except sanctioned)
    • Pagedraw.io - web builder with access to code

    Found them here on indiehackers

    1. 1

      Pagedraw.io turns figma designs into react components. This is really cool and moreover it is free!

      Would add all of them to the list.

      Thanks for suggesting these services.

  2. 2

    Sounds interesting ! Can you list http://lystof.com, under collaboration tools ? :)

    It can be used to curate links/urls with friends !

    Here are some services which we have used :

    • godaddy
    • hotjar
    • prerender
    • GA

    Let me know in case you need any more feedback on this. Would be happy to help ! :)

    1. 2

      Thanks Gautam for your feedback :D

      Will list your service http://lystof.com under collaboration tools!

      1. 1

        Cool ! When are you guys launching ?

        1. 2

          We are collecting data points of startup services and apis and have about 120 startups listed! We will be going live soon.

          messaging you on twitter to stay in touch with you. Thanks!

  3. 1

    Please add HostedMetrics.com under "Monitoring".

    It offers application, infrastructure, and IoT monitoring using the best open-source metrics platforms, hosted and fully managed for a hassle-free experience.

    To answer your questions/survey:

    a) Yes, I use third-party services and APIs.
    b) CloudFlare, Stripe, website analytics (Google Analytics, Clicky).
    c) Yes, there is a need for such a platform. People need to make informed decisions when building their products.

    1. 1

      Happy to add you!
      Thanks for the detailed feedback. Will notify you when we are up!

  4. 1

    Hi Siddhant,

    I like the sound of this. While my site www.ScraperPalace.com is still in pre-launch, I would like to mention it.

    Scraper Palace is a market place for developers to sell web scraper libraries. These libraries can be used by other developers to build interactions with websites that do not have an API out of the box.

    I think it is relevant to bootstrapping startups because a lot of novel startups might try and achieve integrations that are not readily available via API.

    If you think it is interesting please let me know and I can add you the mailing list for updates.

    Regards and best of luck with the launch.

    -Conor

    1. 1

      your idea is really good but the only thing i am concerned about is if websites will allow their sites to be scraped? I bet there can be some pretty solid use cases for it!

      We would be happy to list your service on our platform and will notify you once we are up!

      1. 1

        Yes I have that in my concerns also but I think it is minor and scraping is a pretty grey area, legally. I mean Google scrape ever site (allowed by robots.txt) for profit and are allowed.

  5. 1

    Hey

    Although our API is fairly new Hyper Host allows you to create cloud instances for Linux, WordPress or Windows which you can then ssh into and deploy your apps. Each account is a full hosting service so email etc is included. If this is of any use it can be found at https://hyper.host

    1. 1

      Hi Tony!
      Including email in the hosting service really helps. I am noting your email id to list your api and will notify you once we go live!

  6. 1

    these -
    cruip - to get free landing page templates
    readmeio - for documentation

    1. 1

      Adding them to the list! Thanks

  7. 1

    Zapier is my saviour, and yes I love platforms that help me discover new APIs

    1. 1

      Thanks for the feedback! Task automation is very important for maximising productivity . Although I am hearing about zapier for the first time but it looks great, have to try it out!

      Would notify you once we go live!

  8. 1

    This comment was deleted 8 years ago