For those that work a full-time gig, and are hustling on the side, when do you find the best time to get some deep work done?
For the last 6 months i've been side hustling in the evenings after work but it's been really tough since it takes me about 1h20min to drive home after work. When I get home I try to do some exercise and by the time I get any work done, im exhausted and out of time.
This year im going to try side hustling before work for about 90min instead.
Interesting! I've been doing early mornings (up around 5) for the last 2 months as a trial to see how it goes. I really liked it, but you def need to be super disciplined to get up early. and go to bed early.
I'm currently trialing working in the evenings after my daughter goes to bed. I feel like i can get some better interrupted time. We'll see how it goes :)
I have also been doing the exact same thing last year and have planned to do in the mornings from this year. Lets see how this goes :)
I try to wake up early in the morning and code while I have the most energy. Why spend your brain power on your day job if the ultimate goal is to replace it with your side hustle?
One can make the argument that coding at night has the benefit of not being interrupted. Between you and I though, who gets interrupted at 5am?
Good luck!
Both! I do the brain work first thing in the morning when I'm fresh. The grunt work at night after dinner.