2
6 Comments

Do You Use Time Tracking Tools?

Hi everyone,

I am planning to build a time tracking tool for myself, i may share it's source code with the community. But i want to learn about which tools do you use regularly to track time and to-do lists.

I want to build an MVP with key features until it goes open source.

Any Suggestions?

  1. 1

    As a freenlancer, I personally have tried two minimalist time tracking softwares - ezemployee (<a href="https://www.ezemployee.com">ezemployee.com</a>) and Site2Site (<a href="https://site2site.com">site2site.com</a>). I pretty much just need an app that I can clock in and out of everyday and allows me to export my timestamps to send to clients.

  2. 1

    Whenever I track my time for personal reasons I'll usually just mark things down with pen and paper on post-it notes. When I need to track time for a client I'll often use Toggl.

    I also tend to write to-dos down physically - for more complex projects I'm a big fan of Trello as well.

  3. 1

    I used to use Toggle before I switched onto Effortless -- https://www.tryeffortless.com/. I like the feel of having a todo list combined with time tracking and being able to plan the day in advance

  4. 1

    I use wunderlist to track todo items, but mostly pen and paper

  5. 1

    I use toggl for time tracking on client projects (it generates a report that I include with invoices), and usually trello or a notepad for todos

  6. 1

    Hey,

    yes, I use Todoist for managing my TODO's and RescueTime for time tracking.