10
10 Comments

English is my second language. Help me improve the copy on my landing page.

As English is my second language, I am not doing a great job at explaining/selling what my web app does well. The app i am building helps you in creating beautiful mockups for your designs. You upload your images, and we put that image on top of iPhone devices or a browser frame. It is a mockup generator basically.

I need your help with the following.

  1. Succinct tag line
  2. General improvement of the copy I used in the Tasty features section.
  3. Any feedback you can think of is also very much welcome.

Finally here is a link to the beta page of my web app.
https://beta.cleanmock.com/

P.S: I would appreciate it if you don't share the beta link with anyone outside of IH.

Thank you!

  1. 2

    Hey @tekeste site looks great!

    A couple of thoughts for you:

    • Could you move to a single CTA? Perhaps the flow could be
    1. People to Sign Up
    2. Get their email address and create account
    3. Let them choose either a free or paid account
    • The headline and tagline don't seem quite right. What do you see as the main use for the product and could this be better reflected in the tagline?

    • In the Tasty features section, some of them seem doubled up i.e. real devices and all devices. Maybe reduce down the number of features, it looks like there might be 4 main features?

    1. 1

      @jamesfmac
      Wow you are so right in saying that we should move to a single CTA. I am fairly confident that no one is going to click the the Pro button immediately without needing some convincing. Based on your feedback I am a quick mockup video, let me know what you think should be improved.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7WVO9uiYoI&feature=youtu.be

      1. 1

        Hey @tekeste nice work on the video. I think that works much better!

        • Instead of 'login' with facebook etc. It should be 'Sign up' or 'create account' (since people don't have accounts yet)
        • Based on this you are offering only 1 pro plan i.e. there aren't different tiers?
        • In the copy make it clear that you can always upgrade later

        Happy to take a look once you've got copy for the upsell :)

        1. 1

          Thanks i can change the text on the buttons.
          For now I will be offering just that one tier.

  2. 2

    You've done a great job @tekeste !

    Some random ideas:

    • Tag line option - Give life to your ideas
    • Centre the wording under each Tasty option
    • Not 100% sure of the not-quite-round circles in Tasty
    • Noticed the Background color option doesn't have the same border
    • Centre buttons under Tasty section & Created using Cleanmock section
    • A good reference is the Landing Page Cookbook

    Hope this helps.

    1. 2

      Thank you @richp_ ! I the tag line you suggested and are on point with UI feedback you gave.

  3. 2

    Hey @tekeste, congrats for your launch!

    I am not a native speaker neither, however one piece of feedback I could give you is to specify what you mean by "Ideas".

    As a visitor I was asking questions as: Is CleanMock a presentation builder (like Prezi?), or are you a presentation tool like Invision? Or something else altogether? It was hard for me to understand where you're positioning your product.

    I also think your website could profit from having some more copy, you only have headers and titles and nothing much else. Your comment here would already help: "You upload your images, and we put that image on top of iPhone devices or a browser frame. It is a mockup generator basically.". You can probably make a derivative of it somewhere very central, maybe in your hero section even, while reducing the image size (which didn't help understand the product).

    With that said, I love the work on the UI elements of the landing page. It's very readable and the colors are pleasant.

    Best of luck!

    1. 1

      Like you mentioned there is a major lack of text in the website. I am the maker of the app, I don't even know what I am trying to sell! :)

      I will work more on adding descriptive text to the features section.

      Thank you for your input!

  4. 1

    The landing page looks awesome 😍
    I would change the main title a bit. "Present Ideas" can have multiple meaning. It can refer to the time, gift or the act of showing. I'm trying to think of something now but I can't seem to come up with an alternative. Maybe something along the lines of "Show your ideas".
    Everything else seems fine πŸ‘Œ Good luck with the launch! πŸš€

    1. 1

      I agree that the title is too vague, we need to use real statements and words than marketing catch phrases at this point.

      Thank you!! Go Maker's Kitchen!