To keep up with new trends, I'm curious to see if there is a way to see a list of growing websites? Ones that may be quite small now, but have been steadily gaining popularity each month.
Some site like this, except for websites instead of subreddits: http://redditmetrics.com/ (and one that is actually alive)
Literally exactly what I've been working on this weekend.
Look at https://growthranker.com
The one company I am very impressed with is Wavve! Let me know what you think :)
How do you guys create these really nice looking websites so quickly? What stack are you using for this?
Making a nice-looking site is about the styles, not the stack. You could use literally any back-end language that served the same HTTP responses and the page would look identical.
The part you probably want to know about is their CSS. Looking at the source, you can see they're including Font Awesome and Google fonts.
Agree, I guess the question I'm asking is - how do you get the design done? I seem to suck at visualising what the page should look like, I'm sure I could work out what to do if I had the design but I get stuck on that part.
This comment was deleted 6 years ago
I just CSSed the page myself. I used Dribbble for inspiration but honestly making it look good without a prior design is tough. I'm lucky I have some background in web design from back in the day :D The site is a basic NodeJS/React app.
Thanks for the response. I guess the question I was asking was, how do you go about getting the design done?
Do all of those top ranked companies happen to have affiliate programs or are you adding the
?source=growthrankerto each link URL as a way to let them see the traffic you're sending and hopefully negotiate later?That is a great question. The latter. We are just putting it there to let the source know where the traffic came from. There are no plans for nogotiations later, as this is purely a research project to help founders like myself :)
I bet it will pay off as you grow traffic! You could piggy-back off of existing referral programs and also if it gets big enough you could sell a premium placement (and label it as such).
So the premium placement will defeat the whole purpose of me making this thing. I wanted to be a list of startups based on verified performance rather than getting up there by promoting. However, I have been thinking about getting investors involved and maybe at some point selling membership to them. That way both the startups and investors will benefit from it. Startups can use the data to learn how growth happens at an early stage and be shown to investors, and investors get to pay for exclusive analysis that will expose them to startups they can bet on. What do you think about that?
Right now I am learning who is interested in this data and how I can improve it for them.
Yeah, you'd have to be very careful about premium listings (aka ads) and making it very clear what they're about.
Your idea sounds like a good one.
How do you know their realtime revenue and traffic?
We are getting them from Indie Hackers. Each IH product is connected to Stripe and Google Analytics. We fetch all this information from IH and analyze them in the back-end to find out the real-time growth of these products. The list gets updated every day.
Hey man, can you put rank of product?
Can you give me a bit more explanation? Rank for what product?
I want to see what my product ranks in MRR and MRR growth within all products listed in IH - as a motivational tool.
That is an awesome feedback Philip. I can add that in there. I checked out VisualBonus and you've got an awesome growth in this year, congrats man! I'll email you. I would love to learn more about how you did it and maybe create a case study if you're down for it!
Interesting site but I'm wondering if you should be careful about pulling stats from IH. As a product owner I allow IH to use my product data but that approval wouldn't carry over to your site. I'm not fully sure how I feel about it, the info is clearly public on IH so does that make it free range for anyone to use? Probably more of an ethical issue at this point.
Add this site also- https://www.trionds.com
This comment was deleted 8 years ago
This comment was deleted 8 years ago
This comment was deleted 8 years ago
This comment was deleted 8 years ago
This comment was deleted 7 years ago