I have a couple of hundread users that I would like to send infrequent emails (once every other week) about product updates etc. Simple text based email, no fancy newsletter.
Which service do you recommend that would get the job done without getting in the way? Deliverability is more important than anything else. I'm currently considering Mailchimp.
I was a Mailchimp and Mailgun user for ages. Then I needed an EU-based service and found Paris-based Mailjet (https://mailjet.com). They support both marketing and transactional mails, come with templates and a graphical editor. Easy to use and to integrate. I've never looked back and wholeheartedly recommend them!
I use Sendgrid. For your volume, it will probably be free.
I'm using Mailerlite and I'm really happy with their service! I find it more easy to use than MailChimp!
Postmark for transactional.
Drip for marketing.
I've personally found Drip [1] very intuitive, and their free tier to be very generous, though I think they no longer offer a free tier.
I've also heard good things about Aweber [2].
[1] https://www.drip.com/
[2] https://www.aweber.com/
We are using SendGrid's free limits for our product. Also, if you're a student they are increasing your limits to 15k emails/month. We have a really low amount of spam reports but our emails are going directly to the 'Promotion' section.
http://sendy.co And AWS ses
I used to be a big proponent of this, and I still run it for some projects, but I've found the sending stats for AWS are dreadful. Email constantly gets marked as spam or never gets opened, when compared to stats from things like mailgun.
That is a lot of work for a list of a few hundred users and would be more expensive than mailchimp.
$59 once off for all your project email marketing.
$5/mo for a 1gb lightsail instance
First 62,000 emails aws ses are free.
$109 first year for sending mail for all your projects...
While mailchimp is free for 2,000 emails it’ll cost more as you scale...
Start with mailchimp and if needed there’s other options available.
Mailchimp is free for 12,000 mails per month and 2000 subscribers.
So sendy + AWS would be a lot more work and a lot more expensive.
If you know how to code a little, then Amazon SES. Otherwise Mailchimp is good.
This comment was deleted 4 years ago
Agree with Mick. Mailchimp is the best for what you want. Mailgun has fantastic deliverability for transactional but would be more work for this use case.
I am using Mailgun. Lots of our customers complain that they did not receive the "Confirm your email" email. It also didn't appear in spam folder.
Does anyone face this issue?
PS: 10% of the signups did not get activated due to this issue.
This comment was deleted 4 years ago
@Primer Thanks. I checked the domain. It seems to be okay.
We are in the free plan. If we update our credit card in the billing, will that improve the deliver-ability?
This comment was deleted 4 years ago
Which is the main difference between them?