Frequency/timeframe doesn't matter. Doesn't have to be in tech or online either (e.g. gyms). Recurring revenue is the important factor.
I'd like to get a list going to get a better understanding of what's out there beyond what I experience in my personal life.
List so far:
- Gyms or other health clubs.
- Mobile app subscriptions.
- Online platforms: SaaS (e.g. Scott's Cheap Flights).
- Online platforms: On-going online courses (e.g. egghead).
- Online platforms: Hosting (DNS, SSL certs, web, email, ...).
- Online service: Content searching/filtering/... (e.g. "We'll find job posts in industry X with criteria A,B,C for you every month").
- Advertising/marketing.
- Monthly subscription boxes (food/shaving/"beauty"/...).
- Automated "product fill-up", auto-purchase of products when stock gets low (e.g. for essential products).
- Retainers.
- "Members benefits": Airline credit card, savers cards at grocery shops, ...
- Patreon.
- Coworking spaces.
- Insurance.
Don't forget Patreon.
Of course. That's a major one. Thanks for reminding me!
Every kind of insurance I've ever purchased has been "recurring revenue" for them.
Good one, recurring because the potential consequences aren't worth the risk (of not continuing it). Added to the list. 👍
I run a coworking space that processes tens of thousands of dollars in membership revenue every month. 😁
Added it to the list, thanks @alexhillman. :)
I run a membership service at https://www.feastflow.com. We just launched a week ago but already have 4 subscribers to our Premium list!
We deliver handcrafted project leads to freelance developers and digital agencies and we charge on a weekly subscription basis. Its a great business to be in since we get to help other entrepreneurs grow their businesses. Their success is our success which is a very exciting feeling.
Somehow not convinced by this. Some weekly stats would be great, but then, you're just starting out.
Thats totally understandable but if you visit our website you can check out our free list where we send out a handful of random project leads each week. That way you can get a taste of our lead quality before going for Premium.
Hi @RepressedEmu, thanks for sharing. :) I've added it to the list. Best of luck with your new business.