21
12 Comments

Ask IH: What are the best blogs on solopreneurship/by solopreneurs?

I am doing this exercise where I am cataloging all the good blogs about various topics related to building a profitable tech business. Examples of various related topics - Bootstrap, product development, customer development, engineering, sales, marketing, solopreneurship etc.

Here is 600+ blogs that I have collected - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gunbPzq5_j7VZJNtpxcCGIaquAtyntIBs64EUs0LWtA/edit?usp=sharing

Have I missed any incredible blogs? I would love to add more to this list.

From this master list, I index these blogs to find the blogs that are the most popular on twitter. I have indexed about 150 blogs by now. You can find them here - https://www.massivetimesaver.com/explore

  1. 2

    Thanks for adding my site @alexjv89!

    1. 1

      Thank you for writing those!

  2. 2

    That's quite a massive list. What are you planning to do with it once it's all indexed?

    1. 2

      My indexing process is as such -

      • Crawl and find all urls in a blog.
      • Figure out who has mentioned the links on twitter.

      Use that data to build a validation service (aka bullshit filter) for entrepreneurs/makers. Every page you visit, the chrome extension will give you a score that reflects the popularity of that link on twitter. It can also show you mentions from people you follow of that link if any.

      Here is the link to chrome extension(beta) - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/massive-time-saver/odopbjobgpcfknmhdhglfdikhohbbegk

      1. 1

        Have you thought about gathering data on the popularity across other networks than twitter?

        1. 1

          yeah.. its effort with diminishing returns. I might consider it at some point. ATM it looks like most of the entrepreneurial crowd is more on twitter than on any other platform(atleast they tend to talk about such topics on twitter than any where else).

    1. 1

      thanks.. I already collected everything from here... this is a good list.

    1. 1

      Thanks.. This is new.. Added to the list

      1. 1

        So the blogs will eventually be ranked by Twitter popularity?

        1. 1

          I am trying to separate knowledge from news.

          Here is my thought process:

          The score will consider these 3 factors and then be ranked based on it. (I am still fiddling around with weights of these factors). The final objective is it should be a damn good knowledge base.

  3. 2

    This comment was deleted 6 years ago