1
6 Comments

Does my landing page convey the idea clearly?

Yought - Grab Quick Visual Feedback

My main concerns are:

  1. Should I put more content?
  2. Should I put more of the value prop in hero banner or below it?
  3. Is the product obvious

Thanks in advance for the feedback :)

  1. 2

    Hey Richard,

    B2B SaaS copywriter here!

    Sounds like an interesting product, however, there are many questions your reader has that you're not answering.

    A reader typically goes down a landing page asking these questions:

    • What is this?

    • What does it do + what problem does it solve?

    • Okay, so how does it work?

    • Have you helped others with this? What was the result?

    • Why should I believe you?

    • Okay I believe you. What do I do from here?

    --

    "Tools to get direct and visual feedback" as a value prop doesn't tell me what problem you solve so why should I care about reading the rest of the page?

    Feedback for what?

    Tools in what way? Apps? Extensions? Files?

    Direct and visual is vague. How is it direct? Visual in what way?

    Focus more on what your tools solve rather than what adjectives you can use to describe them.

    --

    Your reader wil not yet be ready to sign up right away. Don't scare them away with the CTA up top unless you're REALLY specific with your value prop. It's hard but keep it to 12 words max.

    Always keep your value prop above the fold.

    --

    By the way, no reader will care about the product's "aim". Tell them what it allows people to accomplish, not what it aims to allow people to accomplish.

    People don't buy products that "aim to..." or can "theoretically accomplish...".

    People buy certainty.

    Hope this helps. Feel free to connect with me on Linkedin if you have more questions.

    1. 1

      Hi Veronika

      Excellent feedback and thanks for putting some time and effort in your answer! Good point about the aim component will get rid of that.

      I definitely have some good thoughts of what it should look like in my head now - let me go back to the drawing board :)

      Thanks!

  2. 1

    On my smart phone, the only word I see on page load is "Yought" and the image doesn't really explain that much. I'd move your value proposition as high as possible.

    From the looks of things, it looks like you have three separate products. It may make sense to have a landing page specific to each of them, since they each seem to have a clearer value proposition than the overarching brand.

    On the other hand, if you could clarify the value of the suite above the fold, that would be cool too.

    Cheers!

    1. 1

      Hi Ben

      Good point, I might just hide it for mobiles or tablet devices. Gotcha value prop above the fold :)

      I will work on some copy to clarify the value.

      For the products, we don't want to create a landing page specifically for each one but rather showcase a set of products all tieing to the value prop (which I will articulate better).

      Maybe if i highlight that its more of a toolset with these tools within it, it might be clearer?

      1. 1

        I think developing an overarching value proposition that is clear and encompasses all three products would be a great way to go