Live chat widgets seem to be taking over websites. What's the Indie Hacker communities favorite service?
I've briefly looked at tawk.to and Facebook's Messenger live chat beta, but want to dig into more.
We're using Drift.
For my last project I've decided to go with Kayako.com. It's email, chat, FB/TW and helpdesk in once, which makes a lot of sense.
I am right now thrilled with https://replain.cc (Free & pairs with telegram) Basic functionality.
Using it for 2 of my side projects.
Currently using Drift, but to be honest -- it's not a preferred method of communication. If I need to talk with a customer, I'll usually ask if I can call them right away. It makes it easier for 2-way communication and gives the customer some chance to ask questions he/she may not bother to type out.
The other problem with live chat widgets is that response times can vary depending whether myself or a team member happens to be by the computer.
Ideally there should be a happy medium, but too often the chat widget ends up being a live customer support. At our price point, it's not possible to scale.
PS - We've used Intercom before as well.