6
22 Comments

Any screen sharing tool w/o install?

I want to share my screen and demo my web app to non-technical users. Are there any live screen sharing tools which do not require the other party to install something?

Zoom, Skype, etc all need other side to download and install stuff.

  1. 7

    https://appear.in/ is really good. You'll have to install a chrome plugin to share your screen. It's really good.

    1. 1

      Absolutely love Appear. I use it daily to collaborate with our remote team. You can screenshare easily.

  2. 4

    Did you consider Google Hangouts or Twitch already?

    1. 4

      Upvote for Hangout's easyness of use.

    2. 1

      Hangout share link 404'ed for us.

    3. 1

      +1 For Google Hangouts.

      Android phones have the app installed.

      Computers just need the link 👍

  3. 2

    I LOVE www.useloom.com ; it's hands down the best I think

  4. 2

    NOTHING beats Loom. It's epic. And Google uses it.

    1. 1

      Loom is nice, but not for live screen sharing.

  5. 2

    Try https://www.deadsimplescreensharing.com it's free, no-install and also offers recording, and screen sharing with no time limit.
    (I'm the founder)

    1. 1

      Works great! Nice work. How did you implement screen grabbing? There are so many of those extensions, I wonder if there is an open source project.

  6. 1

    What about join.me?

    https://www.join.me/screen-sharing "There are no downloads, registrations or complicated dial in numbers required. Just click on the link and be entered instantly into your meeting..."

    I've used it for work a few times, seems ok.

    1. 1

      Unfortunately its extension crashed Chrome (when did that happen the last time!)

    1. 1

      It is, but as far as I can see, the fact that zoom client has to be installed has not changed.

  7. 1

    Discord's web app can do this. You need to install a browser plugin to share the screen, but I do not believe you need to install anything to view the shared screen.

  8. 1

    Teamviewer. "Run only". Host a meeting/presentation.

    If it's the clients who need to share their screen without ever seeing yours: Teamviewer QuickSupport.