I've been a bit out of the loop here for a bit and as I'm looking to get back into helping other IndieHackers out I see a bunch of posts about people looking for feedback. I would love to help out but sometimes I don't know if my feedback is just my personal preferences or valuable critiques. This isn't me trying to come up with any side-project from it, but actually curious what is the best way to help others. I feel like giving good feedback can help me learn more and grow as a person as well. The design for X product may not be my personal favorite but it could fit the situation or target market, right?
Does anyone follow a set of steps or guidelines when looking at other products to provide feedback? Or is it personal anecdotes and experiences that could help push a product in one direction or another? Or any other system?
Or alternatively, if you have posted a product looking for feedback, what kind of feedback are you looking for?
This comment was deleted 7 years ago
That's a great point. I experience that day-to-day where someone may come to the site and leave and not provide any insights into why they came, why they left, etc.. Here though if we at least check out the site/app/etc. then any feedback can be valuable feedback right?
This comment was deleted 7 years ago