My friends and I want to start a small business in a weekend, we are talking about streaming the process and about doing it as a starting with no money challenge.
Any ideas or advice would be welcome, even the "it's a terrible idea" advice would be welcome.
I have always like this idea. A really nice approach was by https://twitter.com/thepatwalls with https://24hrstartup.com/ . He als has a site of people live streaming their startup https://shipstreams.com/
Thanks for the shoutout!!
This guy has been building a product on stream over the past few months.
I launched a few products on Twitch in 24 hours.
Come join us on shipstreams.com - we're building a platform of streamers and we have a Telegram group of nearly 500.
sure @patwalls or @arminulrich could chime in here...
I swear you tag me in a relevant IH post nearly every day now. Thank youuuuu.
Just outsourcing my IH advice - much more efficient ;)
Looks like you've already got a lot of helpful advice.
Here are my two cents anyway.
I have been trying to make profitable side projects for a while now and so far I have learned this:
My advice would be to do the following:
This approach is different because unlike the Idea-First-Execution, after the end of this Problem-First-Execution, you will be left with
Now a single paying customer will not sound much, but truth is, it is a huge step in right direction.
Hope this helps.
The money is not the real challenge, customers are.
Easy peasy, just find someone (a group of people or business) and solve their REAL problems.
Good Luck guys!
Drew Wilson streamed himself building plasso, a shopping cart, and ended up selling to GoDaddy. I'm sure it helped them gain a following... I'd say go for it!
This sounds awesome! What are you planning to start?
I've thought about something like this and it hasn't been done before (to my knowledge). I think it's a fun idea, but only one you'd do if you just find it fun in the first-order sense, for motivation. Unless you already have an audience it's not likely to get much viewership, and you'd spend time tinkering with the stream that you could spend working. That said, small business can be about having fun, so why not?
This comment was deleted 7 years ago
This comment was deleted 8 years ago