I have a mobile app that is under development which needed to be localized from English
I have searched for available solutions to take strings.xml for Android or Localizable.strings for iOS and generate localized strings files for other languages using Google Translate.
After a lot of search, I didn't find any suitable options out there and ended up using scripts to do the job
So, I was wondering if I make this functionality available as a web service where you will upload your strings.xml or Localizable.strings and select the target language and it will be auto translated and you could download it directly.
Would you pay for it? if so, how much you are welling to pay?
From my understanding from already available translation services , most of them are paying per words translated.... What do you think , please feedback me :)
I'm afraid I would not pay for automated translation.
Manual translation (by native speakers) is not expensive, and automated translation for app strings is unreliable. Translation relies on context, and apps contain many single-word strings (like menu options) that offer no context for automated translation.
I totally agree with you regarding the point of manual translation is more reliable than automated ones, but the point of not expensive I don't think so, I have checked a lot of options during my translation for the App
Mostly, is expensive either by subscription-based that is more suited for Agencies and others serve by word
But again, I agree with you in most of your points
If you have any example of the inexpensive ones, please provide me links for it
This comment was deleted 8 years ago