Hi IHers,
Two years ago I started my own SaaS as a side project, http://reportmyads.com. As soon I started with the project I got two paying clients who were using the platform for the past year and a half. I got those clients by referrals of friends or contacts.
Now I want to get more clients but I'm stuck in the process of selling, since I'm a tech guy I don't know how to be a sales man.
I'll share my thoughts and doubts about next steps:
Getting new contacts: How should be an effective sales email for a first contact?
Do I need some marketing material?
What should be a better idea? Offer 3 months for free in anual subscription or a 15 days trial?
Since I didn't set up a company but I do have an US bank account (as a foreigner) which are my options about billing and payments process?
What about the website, is it Ok?
Any suggestion, tip or concern would be much apreciated!
Hernan - I am a marketing machine that can provide you with some great advice. To be able to properly do this, can you tell me more about your service? In other words, if I was a potential client on the phone with you, what would your 2 min pitch be to me to sign up?
After I hear this from you, I will come back with what I think will work to get you from 2 paying clients to 10 paying clients.
In the meantime, I use EFT to open up financial blockages. I would recommend following and doing this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RScRdSdUXYY