Home
Starting Up
Case Studies DB
Products
Ideas DB
Vibe Coding Tools
Subscribe to IH+
Starting Up
Case Studies
Ideas DB
Products DB
Sign in
Join
8
Likes
24
Comments
Does anyone sell their product through an instagram account?
By
Nikolas
April 10, 2018
If yes, how do you find your customers?
I used to sell a lot through Instagram.
The two main methods for really driving meaningful sales are were shoutouts and automation.
Anything else, just wouldn't move the needle.
me and my gf are selling physical products in instagram, not sure if thats what you looking for. but you can check it. @charte_ph
Out of curiosity, how do you source products from around the world so easily?
From 2 years of doing it we built a connection of people with same interest, they are doing the same kind of business. it turns out they became the supplier, sending the boxes of goods on a monthly/weekly basis.
Oh. So collecting startbucks products is actually a thing?
Its just an hobby/addiction of my girlfriend that turns into a business. nothing serious :)
Still interesting because I too started to collect the "you are here" mugs, despite only having 2 :D
I'm completely instagram illiterate and find this fascinating, how do you sell products, do people DM you to make the sale? I don't think I saw a landing page/shop on your account but maybe I missed it.
Hello friend, @Reinder yes your right people just DM us for the sale. I think its different kind of approach it works well on my country.. Philippines this is how people sell stuffs on instagram. kinda bit manual process compared to other country I guess its a bit of automated and payments are served thru stripe/paypal. correct me if im wrong..
Hi, I’m curious about your Insta sales as well. Do your Instagram posts include a “for sale” or “price” on it ? How do your followers know the item is for sale?
@rrrrrraul all of the items we are posting is actually for sale. though there are times we are out of stock, we intentionally not show if the item is available or not so that we can talk to possible buyer and offer something similar to what their looking.
Second, we do not post the price for two reasons. 1. Competition, 2. Legal matters. ;)
Thanks for letting me know. And it is interesting as you probably build a stronger relation with your customers.
I'm not selling goods, but I expected to find a link to a shop in your instagram account and a product link near each picture that you posted so interested people could click on the link and order the product from there.
Yes correct we bank into relationships rather than automate all the sales funnel, maybe we just find a different set of customers which loves to be accommodated and have a friendly conversation before they send the payment. currently as of this moment that works for us, we also tried to automate things years ago but it doesnt work and just sets us away from the customers. hope that helps :)
Or, maybe you are working with some resource that allows you to find customers more effectively or improve sales?
And how are you find customers for your products? Or do customers find you themselves?)
@NikColt I think I can answer both! at the early stage we are always hustling to follow/unfollow people that is related to our products. then late last year we reached the point that we have 2k quality followers then we stopped and right now people are adding us on a daily basis at around 3-7people per day. we are posting 2 to 3 times a day consistently for the past 3 years.. maybe thats the one reason thats why people are now noticing us with consistency.
Yeah I like it. I knew the strategy, but really I think that's slowly, right? Now the question is (for take another situation). What can I do if I want a exponential growth?
@NikColt @stepheli Hey, i am develop CRM for instagram now. May be you will be interesting take part of testing this service in near future(about 1-2 months)?
Sure me too we would love to participate.
It would be interesting for me
Nice, book this thread ant notify here when service will be done
Ok, I'll waiting
Thanks for your reply)
Your always welcome my friend :)