I've been reading more on consumer psychology and got fascinated by this subject. There's a ton of research on "people providing value, they're charismatic, blah blah" but I want to know more from human beings, not just books.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
The process is typically this:
What's your take?
For me personally, I've realized I started to follow people because...
a) we have similar mindsets and therefore will probably think in similar ways
b) they challenge my thoughts because they provide me with new things to think about and implement
c) I might want to buy from them if what they offer is at least 80% of what I need.
Here's something fun I've realized. People buy in if the content 'seems' like something they aspire to be.
There are youtube channels you'd follow (new view), books you download (never read), but they got you interested because they represent something that goes in line with the best version of yourself.
I love this explanation.
I agree. It's like the phrase, "we don't buy things, we buy better versions of ourselves."
This comment was deleted 6 years ago
hmmmmm, I think I have the same type of thing goin' on.
I get utterly excited when #1 comes up. #2 is meh for me because I tend to get motivation from within somehow. #3 I enjoy every so often.