2
7 Comments

Request for feedback: how can we improve the messaging/design on our landing page?

Start your freelance career with confidence

We'll be launching quietly in the next few days and want to make sure that the messaging and value proposition is clear on our landing page.

Looking for honest, harsh critique on copy, design or anything else. TIA!

  1. 1

    Thanks to all for your feedback! We took all your comments and redesigned our landing page, which now should read much more clearly.

  2. 1

    What are the specific pain points you are solving for the freelancer?

    Listing those out and then developing copy that addresses each pain point could be a helpful exercise.

    Also, idk too much about the service you're offering, but perhaps a header/subheader along the lines of this would be more clear:

    Header: "Expert advice for any stage of your freelance journey"
    Subheader: " Whether you're just forming your company or filing year end taxes, our experts can help every step of the way."

  3. 1

    I agree with Amin's post - I have no idea what you are offering.

    Another point - I would also say I was a little leery of what you mean by a "CPA-trained" resource. Either the resources you offer are a CPA or they are not. CPA-trained makes it sound like these are either 1) kids that are still in school and not fully trained, in which case they probably don't know any more than I do, or 2) People who dropped out of accounting for some reason. Neither is credible.

    I believe it is under the fold that you mention access to vetted tax accountants. That made me even more leery of a CPA-trained resource, because you have made a distinction between the two, and now I think that the CPA trained resource is less than the vetted tax accountant.

    I think you should work on clarifying your offering so customers will know exactly why they need your product/service and also understand exactly what "Job" your product helps your customer get done.

    Anyway, hope this helpful to you in some way.

    -Pmox2018

    1. 1

      Thanks - re: the "CPA-trained" term -- I've not thought about this in the way you mention and it does seem that it can be misunderstood. Now, a CPA and tax accountant are not interchangeable terms. Not sure if the audience knows this though :/

      1. 1

        Right, I don't know if would be included in your market, but I didn't know that CPA and tax accountant are not interchangeable.

  4. 1

    I have no idea what you're offering by looking above the fold. Is it a service? A product? No idea. You keep repeating the phrase "solid foundation" but it has no intrinsic meaning.

    1. 1

      Thanks, this is good feedback .