1
0 Comments

Azartiz Blog updated

Azartiz Blog

I've updated the Azartiz Blog app. It was okay for my own use but I'd just tossed it together and there was a ton of duplication of css and js files, as well as some unused stuff that didn't need to be there.

Just cleaning that mess up reduced the blog.zip from over 4 MB to 1.3 MB.

I also did the work to make it a "single page" app. Now when you share a link it goes to the blog home page.

I got rid of the "Clean Blog" Bootstrap 3 template and made my own Bootstrap 4 template for the blog and updated the text editor/publisher app to use Bootstrap 4 as well.

I also made a few changes in the configuration to make it easier to setup.

With the Azartiz data services it will run on any web server without having to install any software. You just have to make a few small edits in three js files. The download includes perl files for adding user comment and image upload features.

My next update will be to make the text editor/publisher app run offline so you can work on creating and editing posts anywhere, whenever you want. I'll be using "Service Workers" for that.