Hi indie hackers! I've been hacking away on the MVP for ProjectPoll for about two months, and it's now out in the world: ProjectPoll.co
It's targeted at project managers and consulting companies who want to get a better handle on the health of their projects. You set up questions and add your team, and we'll send them a weekly email. They just click to answer, and we aggregate the responses (anonymously) and build pretty graphs to show you how confidence is trending over time.
I have a giant backlog of things I want to redo and add and update, but I'm at the point where I can't talk myself out of shipping any longer :D.
Would love to get your feedback:
You can sign up free (no credit card required -- haven't finished building the subscription piece yet ;)):
Shoutouts <3:
Thanks!
Very cool man, looks both well done and something that could be incredibly useful for companies, especially those of a certain size. Did you have any companies in mind when you made this, or what inspired you to create it? I liked your PS from the founder at the bottom, as well.
Also can you share what tech stack you used to build (assuming you built it on your own) and why?
Hey, thanks for checking it out :). Yeah, the main audience in my mind is small/medium-size tech consulting/development companies, since that's what I have direct experience in :D.
I did develop it on my own, yes -- tech stack is Rails and Postgresql, plus a bit of Stimulus (JS framework). I've done a bunch of React in my day job, but full-stack Rails is my first love, and I'm definitely most productive in it.
Thanks again for taking a look!
Hey Taylor, congrats on the launch! Looking forward to trying this out.
Super happy to hear you've been enjoying Hatchbox.io! 🙌
Thank you! And yeah, thanks again for Hatchbox -- I had set aside a Saturday to set up Rails on EC2 and get SSL, backups, etc. set up, but a friend pointed me at Hatchbox and it took like an hour start-to-finish. Was pretty awesome :).
This comment was deleted 7 years ago
Thanks Ben! And yeah, it's been my experience in similar firms (multiple client projects) that the incentives for honest communication on the dev/PM side can be misaligned enough to cause problems at the end of the project. I'm hoping that this can help spark those hard conversations a little earlier, and bypass potential politics.
Thanks again!