4
2 Comments

Trading view denied me access to their API, what other options are available?

I'm looking into building a page with fast updating live stream market data and I originally wanted to use trading view but got denied access to their API because they don't provide it to students/hobbyist/etc. Now I'm thinking about using google charts or d3.js. What other options should I look into?

Current stack:
Python - for pulling in data to influx and different automated functions.
InfluxDB - high speed time series storage for tick data

86'd:
Trading View - :(
Telegraf - didn't have a websocket listener plugin, ended up writing my own in python.

  1. 2

    What do you use for the frontend? For react there is: https://rrag.github.io/react-stockcharts/

    1. 1

      Frontend is up in the air for me, depending on which charting library I go with. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll add it to my list of libs to look at.