1
3 Comments

A guide to designing a service?

Hey community, I'm not sure if 'Service Design/Development' is a thing, but I thought it might be the 'service' counterpart to Product Development.

Context: I have a typical job board website and I would like to start offering the service of headhunting. My thoughts take me to consider the factors that constitute a 'good service':

  • good customer service
  • good client relationship management
  • seamless, easy, and delightful experience
  • good pricing

Is there a guideline or online course to 'service development'? Or, do you have any thoughts about this that would benefit a beginner like myself? Thank you for your thoughts.

  1. 1

    Get to understand as much about your users as possible so you can practice empathy and put yourself in their shoes. Then define the ideal user journey through their eyes. It’s what designers do every day 😀

    1. 1

      Thank you. This "Ideal User Journey" way of thinking is a helpful framework.

  2. 1

    This is a nice idea, I don’t really have any pointers but I’d like to follow what you come up with