Hey IH,
when working on my side projects, replying to relevant questions on Quora, Hacker News, or Indie Hackers works really well for driving long-tail traffic (while providing actual value to the person who asked the question). However, it's a lot of work, because you constantly have to be on the lookout for opportunities where it makes sense for you to jump in.
To automate this process, I built a tool that pings you whenever someone asks a question you care about on reddit, Quora, StackExchange, Hacker News, Indie Hackers, or Product Hunt. It uses machine learning and natural language processing to match your "sample question" to questions that have the same intent (but may be phrased in a completely different way).
I'd love your feedback on the landing page and the product itself (it's actually live!).
You can check it out here: https://leadchirp.io
Thanks,
Nick
Your service looks promising. If it works, then I will continue with the paid version 100%.
By the way, does it searches for the same question or similar questions too? What happens if someone asks the same question I want, but adds a few more words?
Thanks, Dragos! Yes, the core of the product is a machine learning algorithm I developed to match the question you entered with similarly worded questions. I used an existing training data set from Quora to match all questions that have the same intent - even if they use completely different words to express what they want.
Does it work? I mean I registered and I added a question. I did not get any confirmation email, I forgot the name of the site. I can't see any profile to check/change anything related to me. I tried adding another question, but I cannot do it.
My question was " How to build a Wordpress website easy" , but apparently it didn't find anything.
Do you really have a software or you just want to see if it is a demand, you will get the results manually and then build it?
Hi Dragos, yes, the product already works.
You can try out the machine learning algorithm here: http://leadchirp.io/matchertest/
If you enter, for example, "How to build a Wordpress website easy?" and "What's the easiest way to create a Wordpress website?", it's a positive match, but if you try to match it with "How to build a HTML website?", it is correctly identified as "no match". I'm still fine-tuning the algorithm, so you may see some wrong classifications when you try it out.
I always send the signup confirmation on the second day after signing up, because I never read automatic signup confirmations (which often arrive while I'm still on the site itself, so I'm not encouraged to check out the site again).
The tool is monitoring matches in real time, so you won't see any historic matches in your dashboard. I tried to err on the side of caution for the beginning, so you will see fewer matches to avoid false-positives.
Hi Nick - Just a heads up: I tried out the Matcher Test page just now but after pressing "Check match" I get message in red below the button that says "An error occurred..."
Thanks for letting me know! Hmm, could you double-check that you're using on the 'http'-version (instead of https)? The ML component doesn't work over SSL
Hi Nick -- Still getting the error. I'm using the non-https version. I've tried both Chrome and Internet Explorer. I am accessing it from my work so there is the possibility some host is getting blocked.
Below are the questions I used:
1: What makes a good meeting?
2: Why are meetings so bad?
The thing is I cannot edit current question and I tried to add another one, but with no luck. If I can find a way to make it work for me then I'm ready to pay you the monthly package.
You're right, the button to add new questions was broken - I just fixed it and it should now work again!
I've managed to add 3 more questions, but no luck in getting anything from all those websites. If you make it work just let me know and I'm willing to pay for it. Thank you.
It seems that leadchirp is discontinued, but to anyone looking for a tool like that, I would like to recommend syften.com.
This is a great idea, I've just signed up.
Could you show historic questions which match up too? This would help users who are working out how to phrase their Q.
Hi Tom, thanks for the feedback! The tool is monitoring matches in real time, so it's only listening for your question from the moment you enter it on the site. I therefore unfortunately can't show historic matches, but the phrasing of your question isn't really crucial, since my tool will also find questions that have the same intent, but are phrased completely differently (including synonyms).
Awesome idea- excited to try it
I was thinking about building the product along the same lines. It's definitely a problem I wish to be solved.
The landing page is very clear. It also looks great! Did you design it yourself?
One comment product wise. I would rather like to enter keywords or phrases for matching, instead of the whole question. Because why should I be limited to questions only. For example, if someone mentions "asynchronous communication queue app" or just "popular slack app" I would like to show them my app (qdochat.com).
Thanks, Milan, I'm glad you like it :)! It's based on a ThemeForest theme called "TheSaaS": https://themeforest.net/item/thesaas-responsive-bootstrap-saas-software-webapp-template/19778599?s_rank=1
You're right that keyword matches are useful, too. You can actually use LeadChirp in this way right now, because the ML algorithm will match simple keyword, too, it doesn't have to be a question. I initially started out with just keyword matches, but there were a lot of (sometimes surprising) false-positives, so I added the ML component to understand the user's intent.
Cool idea. I currently use https://www.trackreddit.com and Google Alerts, but am very open to a smarter and higher coverage solution.
I Like the idea, I know it is not ML but rather then questions, I would be interested (and pay) for this service to match on keywords. Similar to google news alerts.
In this proposition daily summary emails could be a lower tier, direct messages (like SMS) on a higher price tier for example.
Hi Reinder, thanks for the feedback! You can also use LeadChirp in this way, right now, if you wish :). Simply enter your keywords instead of a question. I'm using NLP to pre-process all inputs, so if you enter "automatic voice alerts" as a keyword, it would also match "automated voice alert".
I built this tool for myself, and I originally started out with a "basic" keyword tracker. However, I got a lot of irrelevant matches, so I added the machine-learning component to reduce the number of false-positives and decided to offer this as a product.
But as I said, feel free to try it out with just a keyword, it should work as well. And if you get too many matches, you can always switch to a question-based tracking later on :).
Hi Nick, even better, I'll have a look, thanks!
This is an awesome idea Nick! Takes the tedious browsing out of finding questions to answer. Congrats!
I signed up for a trial to give it a try :)
Thanks, Mike, I hope you'll like it :)!