1
0 Comments

Ask IH: Would you rather use your mobile phone to upload media to a web app?

I have an idea I've been kicking around for a few days, and I was hoping IH could give me some feedback on it.

The idea is: Offer a simple plugin/tool that gives your desktop web-app users the ability to upload media with their mobile phone and have it automatically sync to the web app.

Most of our photos and videos exist only on our phone and this tool would eliminate the need to transfer those files to a desktop (via email, airdrop, slack, or however you do it...).

For example, uploading a profile picture would look like:

  1. Choose "upload with mobile" button in the web app.
  2. You get a text, respond to it with the photo you'd like to use.
  3. In a few seconds, the photo will appear in the web app.

Would you use something like this in your web app? Why or why not?

Thanks!