2
2 Comments

Key Actions for GDPR compliance for SaaS Providers

I run a SaaS product - https://linkgage.com and have some customers based in the EU. Now the new EU law called GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) will come into effect as from May 25th. I really want to know what are the key actions that SaaS providers need to do within their application to make them complaint.

E.g

  1. Give users ability to delete their profile
  2. Give users ability to export their profile or transactional details

I will really need your input as regard specific things my application needs to do to make it GDPR complaint.

  1. 1

    For a start, take a look here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr

    If you're more into software development than legal: https://github.com/gdprhq/GdprHq.Io.ClientSdk (open source client sdk) and https://www.gdprhq.io/ (our newest project)

  2. 1

    You will need to ask your users permission to use their data, opt-in , without pre-filling the checkbox and you need permission to share that data with any other party as separate checkbox