1
2 Comments

What about getting payments with Bitcoin?

Hi everyone,

That's another great night to work on side projects!

I have a financial question for you: I don't have a company but i want to get payments. Event i want to use PayPal it doesn't work in my country. Other companies like Paymentwall, 2checkout etc. want my business document to validate. As i mentioned, i don't have a running business.

So i thought i can get bitcoin payments. What do you think about getting payment with Bitcoin for a tool that makes a/b tests and reports? I want to start it without forming a company, after some point i'll find a company abroad.

Thanks in advance!

  1. 2

    It'll be a point of friction for the user if you accept bitcoin as the only currency for a SaaS product. We accepted bitcoin via Coinbase & Braintree and the conversion rates for users paying with Bitcoin were really low.

    The exception to this is if your core product is based upon crypto currency.

    I take it Stripe isn't an option either?

    1. 1

      I think so. But i haven't got much possibilities until form a company. OMG! Living in middle east is such a headache.

      Unfortunately Stripe hasn't support Turkey yet :(

      May be, i need to think about finding an online partner to use his/her merchant account.