Introducing VidHug (https://vidhug.com) to my fellow IH'ers! VidHug enables anyone to create a beautiful "crowd-sourced" video starring, for example, friends and family for a birthday surprise. It could also be used as a virtual "video booth" at a wedding or other event. As you can tell, I have product and I'm looking for market fit.
I created VidHug to scratch my own itch. Over a year ago I was in charge of creating just such a video for my mom's 70th birthday. Initially, I searched for a SAAS that did most of this for me, but while automated video editing is well served (Animoto, Magisto, etc.), no one has tied that together with obtaining videos from more than one person. Long story short, I made a very crappy MVP and did most of the work manually (iMovie). I spent many hours, but it worked (even for some senior citizens) and in the end, there were tears of joy. I'm far from the first person to make a video montage, but until now that creativity has been limited to those with the technical know-how and computing power. With VidHug, anyone can do it and even from their aging phone.
Although I haven't been as active of a poster lately (was head down to get to launch!), this community is one of my favourite places. I listen to every podcast and read forums whenever I can. Whether feeling demotivated or struggling with impostor syndrome, IH is a group that lifts each other up. To show my gratitude and for those who want to try, please use the promo code INDIEHACKERS for a 90% discount (total cost of $1.20, currently we only accept US or Canadian credit card - sorry for any inconvenience).
Bring on the feedback! I don't believe the current business model current (1x payment, B2C) is what will sustain VidHug. I'm search for product-market fit and this seemed like a quick way to get the product out there. Your advice on how to go about narrowing things down to find the right niche, as a one-person-show, is much appreciated.