2
6 Comments

Built Landing Page. How to get first few paying customers? Find co-founders? [travel tech]

Hi Everyone,

I'm Sophie Huang, who is solo female tech founder, previously product-managing at CheapOair and GILT among others. Armed with tech work experience and interest in the arts and culture, I've recently launched a basic landing page to gauge market demand and validate business (http://www.takearthour.com).

Fellow founders, I'm seeking advice on successful strategies and tactics for getting your first paying customers. It must have been a significant milestone for you to achieve and the emotional reward that come with it. If you had known what you know now, how would you approach user acquisition and marketing differently?

Also, anyone interested in building stitch fix for travel tours and activities? I'm looking for a technical engineer co-founder and operations co-founder.

Cheers,
--Sophie

  1. 1

    Hi Sophie
    What kind of skills you are looking for and what kind of work need to be done from a potential technical engineer co-founder ?

    1. 1

      Mostly looking for your interest and drive to use technology to simplify and smooth travel experience for travelers. In this case, the tours and experience sector is growing exponentially with lots of room for business and innovative opportunity.

      To start, looking to collaborate on beta/MVP so someone full stack is great. And if reading about the recommendation, matching, and human section of this blog (https://algorithms-tour.stitchfix.com/#recommendation-systems) excites you, then we should definitely talk!

      1. 1

        I love traveling, learn about people and countries and as "most time in my life"-expat it's kind of part of my nature :-)
        I am Full-stack (Backend Golang/Sql/NoSql, Frontend Angular/ReactJs etc.). What I am not is a (Web) Designer.
        So if we can work with a template and a Designer for custom graphics I can be the fit for sure.
        I can invest max 20h per week.
        If this limits are not a problem, just reply :-)

        1. 1

          Hi Stefan,

          Yeah thanks for the info. How about we continue to chat via conference call? sophie@takearthour.com

  2. 1

    Try reaching out to influencers etc.

    1. 1

      Thanks, any good tools? I haven't gotten started on instagram yet