Hey guys,
I recently discovered this wonderful community a couple months ago and have been in love with it ever since.
We've been working hard on our rental property management platform, Resi, for a few months now and are getting ready to launch in a couple weeks.
Resi is a web app that allows independent landlords to manage their rental properties, track expenses, collect rent, accept maintenance requests from tenants, and communicate with tenants via realtime messaging.
There's already a few key players in the "property management" software space, but most of the incumbents are targeting large property management firms or owners with hundreds of units.
There's definitely room in the "self-managed landlord" niche, and that's who we've been working with for months to build out our MVP. The husband and wife that have 5-10 properties and are now beginning to scale. One of our loyal beta testers is actually a young guy working in tech, in his late twenties. He has 3 properties and is looking to invest in more. We've been collecting invaluable feedback from landlords and property owners all across the country, and have used this feedback to build out some really key features.
What are your thoughts on our landing page? Is the value prop clear up front? How is the overall UI?
Here's the mockup that our product designer made initially
https://ibb.co/mFDTv0
Here's the current live version (still a work in progress!)
https://www.resiapp.co/homepage
Design Brief (with additional screenshots)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yDUkxgntbddFpFiANwMbBxbpnQ_LNbl-kzEGtmm2V_g/edit?usp=sharing
Looking forward to your thoughts and feedback, thank you guys!
Hey,
SaaS copywriter here who just finished working with a vacation rental software startup in the channel-market fit stage.
I'm going to give you a framework for a landing page that everyone should use. It's what I use to write every landing page.
Here it is:
Here are a few notes on your copy (don't take this the wrong way, I want you to do well!)
Phrases like "property management made simple" and "simple, powerful, easy" don't answer any of your readers' questions. They are cliches that are used over and over and confuse even the best of us.
Reserve the "above-the-fold" for the first 3 questions.
You can answer them in your headline and subhead. For example:
Resi is a rental property management software that takes care of manual rental property tasks for landlords like you.
Run your rental property business from one place.
^ I know you probably need a different word for "business" but that Value Proposition tells me what your product is, what it does, and why a landlord should care.
Next answer 4 and 5. You don't have to tell me how easy it is. I have to understand from the benefits and features how easy it is.
If all of your benefits headlines start with a verb, I would continue with that pattern for consistency's sake. So do the same with "Maintenance requests" and "Realtime messaging".
When you're writing any benefits copy, make sure you're answering the question of, "what does this allow the user to accomplish?" and not, "What does it allow the user to do?"
Looks like there's no call to action at the bottom. That's a big no-no.
When you write any copy, you should start with the goal in mind, otherwise when the reader gets to the bottom and there's no indication for what they should do, they'll get confused and leave. Why should they scroll back up?
I hope this helps.
Feel free to add me on linkedin if you have anymore questions.
Cheers!
Wow Veronika, this is awesome feedback! Thank you so much. I'll be sitting down tonight and making some changes according to some of your insights. Greatly appreciated, mind if I send you an updated version to have a second look at?
Sure, feel free to add me on linkedin. That's where I'm most likely to see your message.
Hey the landing page looks good.
I see you allow unlimited units for just $95. That’s too cheap in my humble opinion.
If you are offering 15 units for $41 then put a limit on the $95 and make room for an enterprise option.
What will you do if those people with hundreds of units like your service and migrate over?
It’s almost never a good idea to offer unlimited anything.
This is a great point Daniel, and we've actually gotten feedback to add an enterprise tier as well. Will definitely revisit this as we make changes to the landing page this week!
This is really good! The value prop could be more explicit/direct though. This looks like a game changer in the property management space, especially compared to the clunky interfaces that others provide (coughclickpaycough), but from what I'm reading here, your target market at least at the beginning is different.
Thanks for the great feedback! I agree that the value prop can be better. Which section do you think isn't clear enough? The header? The features copy?
ClickPay is most definitely one of the platforms with clunky interfaces, and that's what we wanted to fix!
We really wanted to build something that was sleek, modern, and super easy to use without being bloated. Really appreciate you sharing your thoughts! :)