I feel like I visit my own web page every two seconds, even though I know nothing will be different or have changed...
In the beginning, I felt like Google Analytics was gonna blacklist my IP address.
This comment was deleted 2 years ago
Why do you visit it so often?
Whatever the case, I make a product that shows websites automatically to you, refresh them, rotating them. Whether you are watching for some change or it's a vanity exercise (been there, done that), Dashman can help you: https://dashman.tech.
Are you looking for someone to say no? Because if so, a better question to ask is "Can you fly?" haha.
No. And that's only because I have these 3 things in place:
I'll do some smoke testing (on staging ánd also again on production) whenever I deployed a bigger feature.
+1 on ping service. Last time I checked, pingdom had a good tradeoff (I use their 1 free ping to monitor my site).
Actually a neat trick (I heard from an podcast): when you are looking for some event to open (like registration with limited seats, or buying a ticket for distance train), set up a ping monitor with failure condition = "Buy Ticket" appearing in site text. So you'll get a failure notification once buying becomes possible, and secure it before runs out.
Uptimerobot have 50 monitors for free, running every 5 minutes. Good enough to start.
I'm just a happy uptimerobot user.
A ping service I'm using and happy with is (WebGazer)[https://www.webgazer.io/].
Only for the first two years ;)
haha seeing quirky posts like this makes me feel less alone, glad there is a community of people like us #indiehackerprobs
Haha, we should make that hashtag viral
I'm on!
Yes, I have since I started and probably won't ever stop. Too satisfying haha.
yes, and half of recurring visits in analytics dashboard would be me.
Well, if you are just launching you would be tempted to visit more often but definitely not 1000 per day. Also it's good to take a break from your website so that when next you visit, you can spot some areas that needs improvement such a copy related issues, improper call-to-action, UI/UX .
I keep Google Analytics Real time report up all day and query my database for stats every hour or so. Yeah, I'm a bit obsessed.
I've recently removed Google Analytics from https://pawelurbanek.com/ . Looking at live visitor stats was the same addictive dopamine rush as social notifications with no real value.
Btw most of the users block GA so stats are terribly inaccurate anyway. I am currently in the process of setting up a proper ELK stack for my visitor logs. Server access logs cannot be blocked and can give you a real insight in what's going on.
Not 1000 but many times, mostly while working on it. I suggest using an extension to block you from GA to avoid polluting your data :) https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/block-yourself-from-analy/fadgflmigmogfionelcpalhohefbnehm
I don't, I mostly do the backend job and only give feedbacks on the frontend progress.
Even logs are monitored for errors, error recording and health checker, uptime alerts and the rest do the job for me.
Like Nicolas Granja says, it's like your baby, so you want to watch it all the time :)
hahaha it happens! especially if you recently launch it and you are really proud of "your baby". Nothing to worry, for now...
At first I did. I was at www.saaspnr.io at least a gazillion times when we first launched it, lol
This comment was deleted 6 years ago
This comment was deleted 8 years ago