3
3 Comments

Ask IH - What's the most effective way to grow your userbase with only $50?

Just want to see if anyone has experience spending money on growing your userbase and what the most effective way to grow your userbase is for every dollar you spend.

  1. 1

    $50 isn't a lot. Spend your time finding groups who would benefit from your product and find ways to provide value to them, not necessarily connected to your product. Once you have some of their attention, then mention your product.

    1. 1

      I'm currently doing that now, I was just wondering if money spent is sometimes worth more than time spent. Right now, I consider time spent as spending money, as everyone's time is worth money. If I make $50/hr and consider that to be what my time is worth, is it better to spend that $50 and save my time or spend no money and spend an hour doing something to grow my userbase? That is essentially the question. I spend time on IH and PH promoting betas.io, but thought someone may have had a good experience spending both money and their time in the beginning to help grow.

  2. 1

    The kind of product you market is much more important than the amount of money you have.

    $50 could just as well be $0.

    Knowing nothing about specifics of your business, content marketing (aka inbound marketing) is the best free promotion method.

    Write lots of high quality articles (or blog posts) that provide value to your users and promote them in places where your users hang out online.

    It doesn't cost any money but takes a lot of time.

    Read SEO 101 (https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/7451184?hl=en) to avoid basic mistakes.