I posted this a month back: https://www.indiehackers.com/forum/ask-ih-how-do-you-find-an-idea-to-pursue-0b0771710e . All the advice in this thread is spot on, which is why I LOVE this community...
However I am still struggling to pick something to go build (thus my username: JumpInWhat???!!!) :(
The majority of the USA is not working these few upcoming days (Happy Thanksgiving!) so what do you suggest to jump start my mind in finding opportunities that I can solve?
I have a goal to pick SOMETHING in the month of November and then go start building it in December
What Louis said - go join communities in areas you find interesting. Find a niche, talk to them, and solve their problems instead of doing what I, and many others, do - make up problems to solve that we never checked to see if anyone cares about :)
If you don't already have an idea, you probably want to spend a good part of December talking and selling to potential customers, not building anything.
Go out and talk to people, take an interest in their (business) challenges and follow up on areas you find interesting.
Finding an idea is similar to a relationship in that it's easy to force your way into one without the right level of enthusiasm at the beginning, but without real interest and enthusiasm, it's almost certain to end badly.
This comment was deleted 7 years ago