27
135 Comments

What is everyone working on?

It could be your side project, main project or something cool at your job. If it's worth sharing with everyone we want to hear it.

  1. 10

    I just published the book "Phoenix for Rails Developers" (www.phoenixforrailsdevelopers.com). I hope to start working on a new product soon.

    1. 2

      What a beautiful coincidence! I make free content for people learning Elixir. Do you have an affiliate program?

      1. 2

        Yes I do. Can you send an email to elvio@elviovicosa.com? I will share the info with you.

    2. 2

      Thats cool! Hope it sells great :)

    3. 2

      This comment was deleted 5 years ago

      1. 3

        Thanks for the suggestion. I just added it to the website.

        1. 1

          Cool, checking out the sample :)

      2. 1

        Learn Elixir first! You might find you have no use for Phoenix... Phoenix is great training wheels but highly unnecessary.

      3. 1

        It's great! I'm really loving it!

        1. 1

          Glad to know you liked it :)

  2. 5

    I am working on marketing for bootstraplogos.com and creating new logos for it.

    1. 2

      Great idea and nice looking logos!

    2. 1

      I'm also curious to know how many you've sold so far! I really like this project, and hope it succeeds.

      The only problem I see is that a buyer is usually looking for something specific since they probably already have a business name. So you have 2 problems to overcome:

      1. Get enough people to your website.
      2. Make sure you have enough logos to satisfy their specific need.

      Doable, but not easy :-)

      1. 1

        So far I have sold one logo, but it has lead to more freelance projects. This is more of a passion project for me. I have no plans to turn this into a full out business. I am a product designer by day so I miss creating logos and doing branding work. This gives me an outlet to just create fun things in a low stress environment. If I can build traffic and continue to sell a handful a month I will be happy.

        1. 1

          If you change your mind and you want to monetize more, here's an idea:

          you could open up your platform to other designers that create similar logos. Let them use your website as a market place and take a percentage of their earnings. It's a win-win because we will have more logos to choose from and you will have more money :-)

    3. 1

      nice, how's the stats so far?

  3. 5

    I'm working on my side project– HackSource. It's a programming tutorial search engine.

    I recently spruced up the home page a bit to make it more google-esque and now I'm switching gears to marketing by answering Quora questions and posting it on various Reddit subs to get feedback.

  4. 4
    1. Just launched personalized 1:1 sales coaching and guidance - already have a few customers! (www.sellsomemore.com/coaching)

    2. Getting ready to officially launch a communication platform for sales professionals and potential customers (www.recapped.io)

    1. 0

      I laughed a lot seeing Donald Draper, senior creative director on recapped.io! Thanks for that!

      I'm working on Email Detective. It's a new service I'm building to collect profile data (name, gender, picture) from any email address. This data help you personalize your email campaigns / segment your mailing list in order to boost your conversion rates.

      1. 1

        Ha glad you enjoyed it!

        That's pretty cool, are you working on gathering other data like phone number, company, and title?

        1. 1

          I'm sure I'm not the only one that enjoyed it! Awesome work!

          About my project, for now I focus on the MVP, so I gather only broad "easy" data but if there is some demand I will expand to more "business" oriented data like phone number, company, titles etc. Definitely.

          Why are you asking? You're interested? Feel free to contact me by email if you want, my contact is in my IH bio.

  5. 4

    I am working on a video game.
    It is a real-time strategy game and has singleplayer and multiplayer modes.
    https://distilledgames.itch.io/distilled-rts

    1. 1

      What other games have you made?

      1. 2

        For example, I also made a puzzle game called weighty birds (http://weightybirds.com) and a snake clone (https://distilledgames.itch.io/serpente).

        Besides that, I made some game-like stuff: Interactive illustrations and prototypes for more video games.

  6. 4

    Hey,
    I'm working on the automation testing service, could be interesting for anyone who creates web apps and needs to test them. No coding, easy, fast and reliable. Check here the landing page: www.buenosrobots.com
    Thanks

  7. 4

    I'm working on a small website monitoring tool, to scratch a personal itch and to learn some more tech. It has a Laravel front-end, a NodeJS backend (for running/scheduling checks) and the checks are mostly written in Python.

    As it's not a 'get-rich' website, it frees me to just make something for me which is quite nice. I do hope to release it eventually, but I'm 100% code and I get very easily frustrated trying to do any design...

  8. 3

    I'm working on www.localedata.com - it helps Ruby on Rails developers to collaboratively translate their apps.

    1. 1

      Very interesting! Very similar to how Airbnb does translation for their app- they crowdsource their en.yml diff's on every deploy just like this. Awesome to see someone building this for public use.

  9. 3

    I'm working on www.sendapostcardonline.com - my next stages are to grow the product so I'm learning about how to run Facebook ad campaigns and SEO.

    1. 1

      nice!
      when did you come up with this idea? this year?

      from idea -> first deal, how long did it take?
      I look your profile but can't find link to your blog or personal website. I want know more about the story behind www.sendapostcardonline.com

      hope can see your on IH interview very soon haha

  10. 3

    I am working on Tars(www.hellotars.com) - a platform that helps non techies to build web based and facebook messenger chatbots.

    1. 1

      the font is bit hard to read(so thin)(I am using a Macbook)
      good luck with your project, seem chatbot really hot these day

  11. 3

    I've created about seven and a half hours of YouTube videos teaching Elixir. Most of it is pretty basic so far, but I'm also documenting how I'm building the site where I share them, http://alchemist.camp, up from a bare Erlang Cowboy server.

    1. 1

      I noticed that at least some of the linked youtube videos descriptions don't even contain a link to http://alchemist.camp

      1. 1

        Did you notice that before the last video, which I did 22 hours ago, http://alchemist.camp only displayed a single H1 tag and no other text? In the video I'm currently uploading, I added a knock-off of Plug.Conn and may build a template system tonight if I have time.

        There really wasn't anything to link to until today! This is actually the first forum I've shared them on... only 10 subscribers and 10 twitter followers.

        1. 2

          No, did not notice that. When I saw that page it already had more content.

          I think I should take a look at it again in a few weeks, to see how it evolved. I am curious about how navigation will work so that visitors can find their way in this amount of content.

    2. 1

      Wow, that is a lot of material to absorb for a student.
      How many hours did you spend on making those videos?

      1. 2

        I try to do at least one a day and they're from 15 minutes to an hour. Recording and editing takes about 3 hours, except for the challenge solutions which are pretty easy.

  12. 3

    I'm working on UNUBO, which lets you track what you spend on subscriptions.

    Just launched our plan targeted at businesses.

    1. 2

      nice looking site,
      why seem like almost everyone on Indie Hacker know how to design nice looking site?

      did you design this yourself?

      signed up!
      I don't need track my subscriptions for now, but once I need it I would use this.

      good luck with your project~
      would love to see some stats every once while in your blog or on IH fourm.
      :D

      1. 2

        Thank you! It was made by co-founder and brother, Marcel Thomas. All coded from scratch, by hand - no frameworks.

        Thanks for signing up! Hopefully we can be there for you in the future.

  13. 3

    I'm working on a chatbot for teams with Rails apps: airlayer.io

    1. 1

      I like this idea. Good luck with this project!

  14. 3

    I just launched https://ggapp.io last Thursday!

    This app (and coming website) is used to help gamers track their gaming collection and the games they want to play. I've got the basics out that allow them to set various "Play Statuses" on their games and see some basic stats about their collection (Games beaten, total games played, size of their backlog)

    In less than a week I've had 140 new users sign up (not including the 240 who reserved their username before the launch).

    I'm super excited to see where this goes. I just need to hurry up and get the premium features out.

    But first I think I'm going to be building the social features and start working on the website component.

    1. 1

      Board gamers or video gamers?

  15. 3

    I am working on a side project of starting a printing / design company. www.Printgazelle.com

    1. 1

      your site look great! did you design it yourself?
      how do you design these 4 little animation?
      below "PrintGazelle Benefits and Services"

  16. 3

    I am working on a link/content categorizing app called Save. https://geritol.github.io/save/ Mainly building it for myself at the moment, as pocket did not work out well for me.

    1. 2

      Definitely add few screenshots to download chrome extension page.

      1. 1

        Ok, thanks for the feedback. Will also need to put a mini tutorial to fill the blank screens when a user logs in for the first time.

    2. 2

      This is very similar to my side project at the moment. Built it mostly for me, because I was Sick of my bookmark toolbar always being full. http://updoots.com Would love to know what you think. I am also working on a chrome extension for this.

    3. 1

      How does this work? Do I need to categorize my own links or do you suggest links in categories I choose?

      1. 2

        You categorize them. You can save links using a chrome extension. There is a default category where it gets put. You can then drag them to different categories you have created. Also you can add tags.
        I am thinking to later add some kind of machine learning to make this more or less automatic after a while.

        1. 2

          i have a domain linnk.co for you ( i've been working on similar project about 6 month ago ) , if you're interested, contact me via mail or profile :)

  17. 2

    I started about two weeks ago http://www.manypixels.co (it's super MVP right now) but already have ~4.5k$ in sales (almost $10k MRR).

    I am based in Bangkok but my team is strechted all accross SE asia and we provide high quality design services for bootstrapped startups (& VC-funded ones too!)

    Once we launch the v2 (probably next week) I will write a post on IH :-)

    1. 2

      Nice! I might use it for my projects. :)

  18. 2

    Hi,

    First post, but I lurk here often.

    I'm working on two things: One for an existing market, another for a smaller niche.

    First, the niche; An app for Writers (Novels, Short Stories, Scripts, etc) for clean, uninterrupted workspace. It's called Easy Writer and is coming fist to Microsoft Store for Windows 10, hopefully other platforms following that. Main selling points are inbuilt cloud storage/backup and a super clean interface free of distractions with basic markdown support.

    The other is Lazy Food Diary. Coming to Android and Windows initially, then to iOS later if it goes well. It is essentially the laziest possible way to journal your food. Stop entering calories, brands, ingredients, etc. Just take a photo of it and be done. You can add custom "Tags" and notes if you want to (you could simply tag as "Vegan" or "Nuts" for instance).

    I wanted them both out by Christmas but I'm going to be pushing to finish either of them by then at this point.

  19. 2

    Working on a newsletter for Crypto fans and traders :) 1st edition is due tomorrow! https://cryptoletter.carrd.co

  20. 2

    I've been working on https://barcodethis.io, an API for web and native app developers to easily add barcode generation capabilities to any app. I actually just launched it today. I'm hoping to get some meaningful feedback from the IH community.

    1. 1

      Shouldn't this just be a library? Why do I have to make a network call from my app to generate a barcode image?

      1. 2

        Thanks for the question. BarcodeThis is a micro service. If it were a library, you would have to install it, deal with dependencies, etc. And it would only be available for a specific programming language. As a micro service, BarcodeThis allows developers to add barcode generation capabilities to any app, no matter what language, framework or platform. It's ready to be consumed from anywhere on the web. Nothing to install. It's really all about tradeoffs. As a micro service, yes you have to make a network call to generate a barcode image, but it's universally available and super easy to get the job done.

  21. 2

    I'm working on www.grclinks.com and trying to learn some online marketing.

    1. 1

      what this website do?
      can't understand the language

      1. 1

        Hi 1c7,
        Thanks for your comment,

        Yeah, it's in spanish a the moment, since our market is LATAM. I have to translate it at short term.

        But this is what we do:

        GRCLINKS platform is an innovative cloud application for generating and visualizing user behavior models from relational security data within your SAP systems, in real time. Businesses can quickly gain visibility over their functional security model, analyze clusters and activity through element relations. Furthermore, custom encapsulated algorithms enhance each node by using SAP HANA mining and analytics capabilities.

        About GRCLINKS
        We build digital platforms that learn how to model the security of your organization. Our software is deployed across multiple industries to study each user's behavior and identify potential security breaches before they materialize as corporate fraud.

  22. 2

    I just updated my free online image compressor written in react, redux and node.js. Here's the link: imgsquash.com

    1. 1

      I have been using tinypng.com for couple month.
      your site look nice :D I would try it.

  23. 2

    Pushed out recently: https://saucelist.com

    Rank and tag sauces, then find it where to get them.

    1. 1

      more image on front page would be nice

    2. 1

      This is great! So simple I love it.

  24. 2

    I'm working on video creation :)

    More of a side project and hoping that this becomes a new line of service.


    I run a content development shop. As time passes, I want the services to be more and more 'productized'... drumming up eventually to SaaS.


    Here's my latest draft creation:

    https://cl.ly/090e3K1v2H1V

    Comments on this video are welcome.

    Typically, we focus on the written content. Thinking if I should upgrade our written work into a video like that as well.

  25. 2

    im working with sellmy.opensrc.mx

    It's a selfhosted script to sell access to private gitlab repository

    i submit a request help in IH https://www.indiehackers.com/forum/help-ih-with-sideproject-sell-my-opensource-project-72464578b9

  26. 2
    1. www.witsi.co
    2. Consulting for a local company on a project that will help real estate agents post facebook ads.
    3. My actual full-time job, as a software architect

    More or less in that order.

  27. 2

    I've been thinking about making an open source alternative to Gmail/Slack for teams. It would be suitable for those that primarily want to use chat but need email as well. I work on a team chat application I built at my day job, so I'm familiar with the concept at least.

  28. 2

    Working on getting to MVP for my ecommerce arbitrage application.

  29. 1

    Hello , I am a tester , working on the automation testing service , If you have project , which want to test , check this site - https://itechcraft.com/automation-testing-services/

  30. 1

    I am working on tendollarWP (www.tendollarwp.com) - a platform that provides pay-as-you-go Wordpress services to non-technical Wordpress site owners. Our services range from a simple task of installing a theme or plugin to complicated ones such as conducting an in-depth on-page SEO audit or speeding up a Wordpress site.

  31. 1

    I launched www.madewithreactnative.com a few weeks ago, where I showcase apps made with React Native and interview developers and teams who have made apps with React Native.

    I'm currently busy with building a submission form so that I won't have to conduct all the interviews manually via slack anymore. Besides that I am promoting the site where I can.

  32. 1

    I am working solo on a side-project that's similar to "Uber Freight" aka a Freight Broker.

  33. 1

    I just added my app to product hunt. Would be great if you could upvote. https://www.producthunt.com/posts/who-owes-me

    Thank you so much!

  34. 1

    Getting ready to launch https://sellmx.com. Just got my first template on Hubspot marketplace - https://marketplace.hubspot.com/products/sellmx/capture-landing-page and gearing up to adding more (free and paid) marketing resources soon.

  35. 1

    I'm working Starter Story, which is basically Indie Hackers for e-commerce and product businesses. Let me know what you think!

    starterstory.com

  36. 1

    Weekend side project: a Slack app that asks your team members how they’re feeling once a day. Then once a week it generates a mood report.

    I saw a need for it at my workplace so decided to try it out as a small side hustle. :)

    Let me know if you’d like to try it out!

  37. 1

    I am working on an Android App

    that can use AI to enlarge image,
    it's not my project, I was hired by other people to make Android App, He already build Web and "Wechat Small App", He wrote API document. all I have to do is build UI and make the App work by using different API endpoint he provide.

    I am using React Native to build this. estimate cost me a month. I should be finish it around 2018 Jan 10 or something.

    and I turn my project (yuzhu.me)
    (a website that help people find&rate service apartment in China)
    from full-time to part-time,

    I need some money(that's why I took the Android gig above)

  38. 1

    I’m working on a website, My Millennial Guide (mymillennialguide.com) aimed at helping millennials take control of their finances and life through the use of guides and helpful articles.

  39. 1

    I just uploaded a new version for my app Who Owes Me (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/who-owes-me-debt-reminder/id1221501242?mt=8). I updated it for the iPhone X and probably try to do some marketing to increase downloads.

  40. 1

    I'm working on an ecommerce store that caters to people who are programmers/developers/coders etc. It's called Dvlpr Stash and it's at https://dvlprstash.com . Any advice or tips on how to market this would be awesome. Thank you.

  41. 1

    Hi Amit,
    I have just 'finished' realtime crypto currencies tracker, since i dub in crypto trading (well who does not nowadays).
    Built as a chrome extension to have current pricefeed always on and in front of me. Looking for suggestions/feedback and new users, hence the comment;)
    fyi: https://goo.gl/ZRdkAK

    1. 1

      Looks nice, will give it a try.

      1. 1

        thanks pecumo,
        much appreciated

  42. 1
    1. I'm working on http://angage.net which lets store owners and dropshippers hunt trendy e-commerce products. It also analyzes stores, returning valuable info like products, vendors, pricing info and even real-time sales for some stores. This project is currently making 500$/month (launched last week).

    2. Working on http://pipeek.com which will reverse engineer email funnels. Probably launching this one tomorrow or Monday. =)

  43. 1

    Launched a dating app based on your social network, immediate location, events and groups where we match people who would see each other but never get a chance to really talk.

    Here's our link on IOS appstore:
    appsto.re/ca/SfGTib.i

    We're doing well with some good word-of-mouth and no real marketing except for Facebook posts right now, but we're going into a redesign to incorporate some stuff we've learned after user interviews.

  44. 1

    Currently working on a React application which I'm just so fascinated with. The application is a visitor management system for gated communities. I share all my insights about my projects on my weekly news letter :)

    Sign up here: https://www.getbaited.com/#Email-Signup-Form

  45. 1

    Site for making podcast MP4 clips for sharing on Youtube, Twitter, etc:

    https://podcastclip.com/

    It's very much MVP status (and I haven't been sharing the link yet) but so far it's functional for a minimal style of podcast clip you see on youtube, forums, etc, where it's an audio clip with a background image of the podcast art or episode cover.

    1. 1

      This has A LOT of potential. If you can make it stupidly simple then you’re good and set.

      Also, I’d advise you to make this an app instead of a website. That way you’ll offload the processing onto the users devices = scaling would cost you nothing. Plus if the user wants to share on some other platform... they’re already in their phone so BAM just pick the target and share.

  46. 1

    I need ideas to work on

    1. 1

      Just try to solve some of your own personal problems.

  47. 1

    Just an MVP rn - Journal Prompts, get one life-changing question in your inbox every day, Free.
    Making the wisdom from today's top self-mastery books more actionable and accessible to all.
    https://journalprompts.carrd.co/

  48. 1

    I launched an instagram follow bot (followmill.com) to friends and family because it's kind of against the TOS I believe.

    I'm now continuing to work on my full stack clojure framework as well my list of great places to go outside: https://outsidelist.com

  49. 1

    StandardMeta.com

    A decentralized framework for self regulation.

  50. 1

    Screen sharing plugin for FaceTime (macOS). The app's called ScreenTime. Anyone interested?

  51. 1

    Working on too many things to list 😃

    Really focused heavily on: https://publicly.io/

    1. 2

      Really cool, added my project there!

  52. 1

    Trying to build a CRM-like contact list app for personal/smallbiz uses, https://contalist.com . Now doing iteration and learning how to do things like marketing. Not expected it's going to be so hard (T_T)

    1. 1

      Would love to see some screenshots on the front page!

  53. 1

    I operate the site www.kiga-koala.com which is a activity/photo sharing webapp for childcare centers. This is my first dive into the indie hacker world so i would appreciate any feedback :)

    1. 1

      I still think this idea has legs - would love to chat more about it :)

      1. 1

        I'm pretty busy at the moment, maybe we can chat after the holidays :)

  54. 1

    A website to organize URLs into folders decided by you. While also discovering other users saved URLs.
    http://updoots.com

    Cool question btw, it has been cool to see everyone's submissions.

  55. 1

    I am working on www.watermark.ink an Online Photo Watermarking tool. I am currently evaluating price model.

  56. 1

    My IP Geolocation API Ipdata.co, I'm currently working on building out its fraud detection capabilities i.e. vpn, proxy and tor detection.

    1. 1

      Hey Jonathan, I have a somewhat related service. To help users of your service test if their GeoIP integration actually works.
      https://www.geoscreenshot.com/
      I'd be open to cross-referrals if you are interested. :)

      1. 1

        Hey Eyasu! Sorry for the unbelievably late reply :(

        I would definitely be interested in cross referals, please email me at jonathan@ipdata.co

        Thanks!

      2. 1

        Is your service generating MRR? I'm curious because I can see the need for different browser screenshots, but not so much for geoscreenshots.

        1. 1

          Yeah. It is approaching ~$1k/mo right now. I expect it to go higher with Enterprise plans and API access.

          It is a pretty niche use case. Generally, many people are unaware of geographic disparities in web availability so I have to do some education about Geo restrictions, DNS propogation, CDN inconsistency....

  57. 1

    About a week ago I launched http://www.ohmycoins.xyz
    It is a database of lost crypto assets. So far people lost about $3.8B worth of cryptocoins.

    It’s a very simple side project that I made during a weekend

    1. 1

      interesting! what is the purpose of it? Are you doing something with the data?

      1. 1

        I created it mainly because it sounded interesting to hear people stories. I didn't plan any useful use case.
        And I still haven't figured one.

        1. 1

          Cool! Where did you market it? I mean it seems to have some hype, with some neat amount of sumbmissions. Did you preload it or was the board originally empty?

          1. 1

            It was empty.
            I did small launch. I posted here on IH - https://www.indiehackers.com/forum/i-finally-finished-and-shipped-a-side-project-after-long-time-of-unproductivness-ffa55520c7 on Producthunt - https://www.producthunt.com/posts/oh-my-coins and on couple of crypto subreddits.
            I got positive feedback everywhere but it never skyrocketed. The biggest impact did PH and IH.

  58. 1

    Just sold a company and currently working on putting together a resume and possibly get a job since I have no burning desire to start anything else right now.

    1. 2

      Doesn't selling a company imply a big bag of riches? :D

      Want to give us a short summary of what happened?

      1. 1

        LOL that would have been cool. But no, it was a serviced-based company. It gave me a small runway, but honestly I'm already pretty bored and ready to do something again!

  59. 1

    Working on an Android game while in-between contracts. I figure if it doesn't make any money, it'll still be a feather in my cap as a freelance developer, since though I've worked on mobile apps before I don't have anything fully my own in the app store that I can point to.

  60. 1

    Working on a portfolio builder and marketing tool for filmmakers https://dockfolio.com/.

    Using Vue for the frontend and experimenting with Graphcool and GraphQL.

    1. 1

      I hope there are couple example on homepage I can just click

      1. 2

        I'm building the prototype at the moment, so I'll let you know when it's ready to use.

          1. 1

            I've built out more of V1 so you can now create an account and view projects.

  61. 1

    I'm working on InstaPitch. Although not functioning yet, I'm putting out feelers about the idea.

  62. 1

    SideProject: An intuitive website auditor targeted at complete newbies, but also has the advanced functionality of scheduled crawling and automated reports ( https://www.pulseproduct.com )

    Day job: The team I work with is doing heaps of work with chat bots and connecting them with various APIs to make what is currently tedious online processes much simpler.

  63. 1

    This comment was deleted 9 years ago

  64. 1

    This comment was deleted 7 years ago

  65. 2

    This comment was deleted 9 years ago