1
5 Comments

Need input

Small Business Resources

Have built the basics for my business. It is modeled after a funded organization that focuses on the enterprise. I am doing the same but for small, solo and micro businesses. Please provide you comments and input. I know I can count on this group. You have helped me so much in the past.
https://smallresources.wordpress.com/

  1. 1

    I think there is a lot of opportunity here, but you should probably provide more specific examples of the kinds of resources you can help with. I noticed a couple pages in you mention that your focus in on sales and marketing. I would highlight this on the landing page. Same with this: "Every person or company that joins or partners with us gets a detailed marketing analysis and projected sales growth report completely free." I think this is a great idea, and it could generate a lot of leads for you if you put it front and center.

    1. 1

      Thanks made some changes!

    2. 1

      Thanks. You are the second person to respond and more specific has been the main topic. I will do that in the morning. What it is modeled after is Swarm Sales. Which just does sales for enterprise products and companies. I do work with them. When I proposed the same model for small businesses I did not get the response I wanted or expected. In my proposal I identified more areas that small businesses need help with. Marketing, tech etc. Enterprise companies do not really need that. So I think that is where the specific or clarity issues come into play. Thank you so much for your input.

  2. 1

    You might consider becoming a partner of sba.gov. I know you said you've "built the basics" and the website is probably not complete yet but make sure you improve the UI. Also, you should revise some of the copy.

    Every inch of your page should have a purpose. I'm not sure what "Connecting Resources" means. You may want to pick some industries you have experience in and focus on those to start.

    Let visitors know who you are, how you can help and the exact problems you're solving. If I'm a clothing brand can you connect me with a manufacturer in China or do you only serve tech companies?

    1. 1

      Thanks it is a very simple and basic UI built entirely on zero dollars. Thanks for connecting resources tip. Not sure what I was thinking there either, I serve all small businesses and obviously not clear so I will look at it. It may be cuz this group focuses on tech am not sure. Truly right now is validating for me. I hate the sba and most government agencies so that is out. The model is based on Swarm Sales which I am a contractor for and the final site will be similar. Thanks for input will fix what I can. Wally