Hi Folks, I'm a non-programmer so hoping techies here can help me in this fun side project.
This web application will have 2 input fields, one is email id and other is a long text box. Let's say person A wants to send some long text message to B. Then A enters B's email id and text in the text field and click submit. Then an automated email has to be sent to B with the content entered in the text field.
I've put up landing pages using landingi and Typeform and used Zapier to send those 2 field values to Mailchimp.
Landing page/Typeform are capturing the email id and long text, but the problem is Mailchimp (or any other ESP) is not accepting the long text field, they only accept short fields like first name, last name or address.
Can someone please advice what's the best way to capture the long text and automate the whole workflow?
Thanks a lot in advance.
By email ID, do you mean email address?
Based on your description, I'd just swap out mailchimp with send email by zapier. That should do it
I am really curious what you are trying to build. Would you share with us? :)
What's the difference in this idea and just using a regular email client (Gmail, Apple Mail, etc.)?
You essentially just add a TO email address and add your email body inside of an email client and click the SEND button.
But, to answer your question about sending emails with body text, you could use Sendgrid, Postmark, Mailgun, etc. You're looking for a "transactional" email service.
+1 Mailgun let's you do that directly via their API. https://documentation.mailgun.com/en/latest/api-sending.html#sending
OP:
Right, then I believe that Zapier is going to be the best path forward as @louisswiss posted.
For your database use https://base.run, for hosting try https://zeit.co and as a web framework try out next.js
I think you can have customized fields on MailChimp
This comment was deleted 9 years ago