1
5 Comments

What to do with crypto storefront?

A few years ago, I created a site where you could buy gift cards (Xbox, Steam, etc) with Bitcoin. The site did OK but I shut it down once I realized the cashflow overhead for the profit margin was not worth accounting headache + dubiousness/legal grey area of reselling gift cards.

What I'm left with is a platform for selling digitally delivered products (i.e. can be delivered automatically) with automatic crypto address generation, confirmation, etc.

I'm wondering if I should make this a SaaS (like Shopify) where others could sell digital assets and receive payment in crypto. Also wondering about competition, I could not find any but I'm sure it exists. Also wondering how you moderate it to stop people from selling illegal stuff.

  1. 1

    Do you have screenshots or more details of how it works? You could have something of value depending on how you built things.
    Is it the storefront and basket/cart features or the way to unlock a digital good once a bitcoin txn is done - do you check the txn on the blockchain and then release the good? That would be a cool feature.

    Instead of using the entire thing perhaps there's an interesting way you solved a problem that you can move forward with?

    I know somebody who wants to do a crypto-based pre-order of a digital product so we could try something there if relevant?

    1. 1

      It's a storefront (but no cart, only buy one thing at a time. Cart wouldn't be hard to add). Products are managed via CMS (django). Yes, it checks transaction in the blockchain, then releases the good after X confirmations. No login/registration required for the buyer.

  2. 1

    Bitpay, btcpay server are some of the widely used payment gateways

    1. 1

      This is not just a gateway but CMS with products, checkout, etc.