13
14 Comments

Anyone out there who wants to team up?

UPDATE: I have found a partner in crime, thanks again IndieHackers team and community for enabling awesome things and experiences!

Hello,

I have been lurking around for quite a while but never posted here, so be gentle with me :)

Fir of all, awesome community, very useful knowledge is shared daily and I see no spam, so props to the moderation team!

A little about me, I am a web developer, I have been working in the field for 5+ years and mainly focused on the frontend, although I do enjoy backend as well (my specialization was WordPress development but I dislike PHP, js is my drug of choice (Node.js)). On the frontend I currently use Vue.js and love it.

The reason for posting here is that I want to team up with someone and work with them on a side-project.
I have a huge problem where I start a lot of things, but never finish them. I get bored, and I also have a problem where I want everything to be perfect from the start, so I end up wasting a lot of time on something that never even makes it to light for someone to appreciate. I am sure many of you will recognize yourselves in the above, I believe it's a real problem.

I can bring coding to the table, and I am looking for someone who either also codes, or (better) designs since I am not a designer and while I will not place pink letters over a yellow background, I can't really create anything beautiful from scratch. Even if you do neither, but specialize in marketing, I would still like to chat with you because I believe I just need someone to hold me accountable and we can keep each other motivated to finish the project and finally get something out there.

Example of my work:
https://www.vikingcold.com/estimate-energy-savings/calculator (Vue based)
https://www.allocator.com/ (WordPress)
https://www.sustainnatural.com/pages/sti-campaign (quiz is Vue based)
https://www.sustainnatural.com/pages/flow#/ (Vue based)
https://eliedesign.com/ (WordPress)
https://www.hanburystrategy.com/ (WordPress)

My GitHub profile:
https://github.com/OriginalEXE

My side project that I never completed (first time designing a GraphQL API):
https://github.com/CodeShots

If there is someone out there who is looking for a partner, feel free to message me at antesepic@gmail.com, or leave your contact details in the comment, and I will contact you.

Thanks

  1. 2

    You have great ideas. The issue is you don't validate the idea before committing time to developing it. While you see a problem and provide the fix, the problem is not a big or financial issue to the people within the industry. I know it is frustrating. I get irritated every day by things I know can be improved. I figure out a better way. What I have found is that it is really not an issue for others and they are satisfied with current model. You cant make them change if they don't see it as broke. Luv to partner and figure out what is of real value and what is not. Hit me up

    1. 1

      Wally have you given any thought to teaming up with someone who has product knowledge and the pains that go along with it? Appreciate your feedback. - Michael

      1. 1

        Am open to work with anyone. Willing to work with or for a company that seems to have traction and is semi disruptive. My situation is don't need much money but want to build something of value to get future pay day!

  2. 2

    Are you looking for some project to be part of it? Or you want to implement your own ideas with somebody?
    Tnx

  3. 2

    (Tip): Provide a link to your portfolio so people can see your past work.

    1. 3

      Great tip, I have updated my post with the links. Thanks for your suggestion!

  4. 1

    I'm actually looking for a developer, although I think I'd rather hire one. Is posting on IndieHackers a good option or should I stick to upwork and similar marketplaces?

    1. 1

      Let us know what you're trying to build, maybe someone will volunteer :)

  5. 1

    Hi Ante, nice to meet you.
    Great, you are a coder and looking for a designer :D
    I'm an amateur designer. Duh... I have no experience in design but I have a few portfolio that I can work on.
    Let's say it's a collaboration.
    Please kindly reach out to me if you think it's nice to collab with me.

  6. 1

    Hello , I would like to team up DM me @Achuth_hadnoor
    In twitter

  7. 1

    What kind of projects are you interested in? Is there a preference in the type of business?

  8. 1

    Where are you based?

    1. 2

      I live in a small city called Rijeka on the cost of Croatia, a beautiful (geographically) small country :)

      1. 1

        And a beautiful city, too.

  9. 1

    This comment was deleted 8 years ago