My team and I are bootstrapping Pastel and we work remotely around 50% of the time. My co-founder recently put together a list of some of his favourite tools that help him when working remotely (https://blog.usepastel.com/post/6-tools-to-kickstart-a-remote-team).
I wanted to see what other tools you guys like here. Always on the hunt for ways to be more efficient :)
I really like Kanban Tool - https://kanbantool.com/ . It's easy to use but works really well. It helps me to efficiently manage my tasks and projects, it also has a time tracking tool, which I like a lot. You can try the tool for free and decide whether you like it or not.
Kanban Tool looks great, thanks for sharing!
I use purevpn as a tool for remotely access database. It helps me in bypassing authentication and 2fa process again and again.
That's smart! Must speed things up a lot if you're accessing the database on a regular basis.
Trello for project management. Zoom for video calls. Google Suite for collaborative writing.
Zoom is one of those tools that's not super nice to look but does what it's supposed to really well. I was reluctant to have to software on my computer at first, but for reliable free calls, it's really good.
We use 1password and trello. We've tried chat apps before but always end up migrating off them pretty quickly as they often become a distraction. A lot of ticketing systems(Jira, gitlab being the two that lasted longest).
I'm personally not a huge fan of trello but business side likes it so I also keep an omnifocus list with my tasks in it and links to the trello cards to prioritise stuff.
Those are all great.
I'm curious, if you don't use a chat app, how do you communicate about general topics not tied to specific tasks?
We have a Trello board called watercooler for non-task conversations.
We also use email a lot and the business side chat on the phone regularly.
Makes sense, thanks for sharing!