Currently I have my business Facebook page attached to my personal account. But I would just like to have it separate really. Like a separate account. But this seems to run counter to Facebook rules.
https://www.facebook.com/business/help/community/question/?id=10208834764092137
I can not imagine Microsoft's page runs off Bill Gates personal account. What do other IndieHackers do?
A facebook page is a separate and different entity from a user account. Each facebook page has one or more admins - the admins have to be user accounts, there's no way around it.
Coming back to your example: Bill Gates facebook page probably has a number of admins - those are fb accounts of people who are employed as his social media managers.
Hi Matis. Good points. A page is not linked to an account then it seems. It can be passed around. I seem to remember this. Thanks.
I can not imagine how big companies manage it. But I think you're thinking too much. If security concerns you, configure all the security measures provided by Facebook, such as two-step authentication.
In any way, you left me with doubt. LOL.
Thanks Jacob. Actually I think you are right about overthinking. Its probably best to just swim with the stream on this one.