2
8 Comments

Team members on GitHub

Hello everyone,

Can you commit/push on GitHub (or Bitbucket/GitLab) under one username but from different accounts?

  1. 2

    No. Why you need different accounts?

    1. 1

      I don't need different accounts.
      I was asked this question and I didn't know the anwser.
      It's like tweeting under the company account name but from your personal account.

      1. 1

        That's the use case I expected. :)

        It is not possible because this is the wrong way to use github. You should have only one account and the company add this account to their organization.

        I know some companies enforce the new account for you, but it does not make sense.

        1. 1

          During the conversation this use case was mentioned "The company A work for the company B but company A hide who did what. Company B just see what company A did. Company A is a "screen" behind its workers.".

          1. 1

            Interesting. Company A use "fake" github accounts to hide their employees. Weird, but I see some value on that.

            I would think in a git hook solution rewriting author info, but fakes are easier.

            1. 1

              This is not a fake account, this is just like tweeting for a company from your own account. Thanks for your comments ;)

  2. 1

    I don't think so.