5
3 Comments

[Need Feedback] comeedy.com - List of TV shows for English Learners

Hi Indie Hackers,

I always like to learn English by watching TV series. I have already watched ton of them. A month ago I thought what if I could analyze every TV show and find the best options for every English level. This is where the idea came.

First question was how to determine the complexity of vocabulary. I decided to use the Dale–Chall readability formula. This formula uses 3,000 common words to determine how difficult a word was for readers to understand.

Next questions was how to calculate the speech speed. I found out that average rate for American English Speakers in the US is about 150 words per minute. The rate for the “slow” talkers is approximately 120 words per minute.

That was all I needed to start building the project.

While I am thinking about marketing strategy I would really appreciate if you leave any feedback - comeedy.com

Thank you very much, I hope you will find this useful.

  1. 1

    This is quite useful information! Thanks for putting in the time to create this :-) I only have one remark: a little more spacing in between the cards so it comes across less busy.

    1. 1

      Hey Maarten. Thanks for your feedback. I've just fixed the spacing issue :)

      1. 1

        That's better! Good luck with your product!