Hi, IH! I'm a recent college grad with student loans so I'm trying to sell modern resume templates on a platform I built (ResumeBundle.io). I'm having a hard time knowing what's the best way to advertise to customers and get the platform in front of people wanting to buy templates. I've been trying Google and Reddit ads without any luck I think because it's slightly niche. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
@pptpedia is right. Market where your customers are.
Start off by doing direct sales. Write to (recent) students you know and ask if they're interested. Spend some time helping them and really get to know their needs and what motivates them to buy/the objections they have.
You can then put together some compelling copy to handle their objections and highlight the advantages for them.
From what I've seen of successful companies/individuals marketing to job-seekers, word of mouth marketing is super important.
Get on LinkedIn and tag/share/boast about the success your customers are having with your templates. Have them share thank you messages on Twitter, FB, IG, LI etc.
Good luck!
Forums. I have great success in this early phase of getting users for my free excel budget template and I can see them coming from the forums that I post my helpful link. You have to engage a bit with the local community but it will work out. If you find forums that don't mark your links with the nofollow attribute, even better :)
Oh, and facebook. I don't use it anymore but I guess it will work just the same.
Drop the "standard" from the landing page. Your customers want something "outstanding". Right? You should also think about screenshots with resumes that are less packed. Those new to the job market will identify with those more easily.
What kind of ads did you try? :)Did you research your competitors and how they are performing? What is your USP (Unique Selling Point)? Who is your target audience and what online tools do they use?
Tools, that a great point. OP mentions Microsoft Word but Google Docs has a great share of the market and afair also a marketplace for templates?
This comment was deleted 4 years ago