I recently came across a twitter feed for a request for a new website based on youtube videos, instead of YT suggesting videos. The idea would be to do an update some of the best videos (not just views) in last 24 hours by top 10.
Would you consider using a website like that, if not what would you improve?
That’s a serious endeavor of recommender systems, which I don’t think even YouTube solves fully.
That being said, you can cater to a niche, like funny videos, soccer videos, etc. Kind of like subreddits for YouTube.
Given the amount of attention YouTube gets, I wouldn’t be supiesed if you find lots of people following your feeds.
...not really
Would the videos be sourced from the channels I subscribe to or all of Youtube? If the former, then I don't subscribe to many channels so I don't think I miss out on much if I just check YouTube directly. If the latter, then how are you thinking about relevance? Popular videos across all of Youtube will not be interesting to me.
yes more relevance to that user.