7
7 Comments

Since i have $2 in my bank, Suggest where i can rapidly gain users for free

this product

Hi IH'ers,
So I've got my carrd.co landing page built and a built-in viral form courtesy of Growthsurf. Now I've added myself to Betalist etc for free, but I'm going to have to wait 1-2 months to appear on their websites. Can you suggest where I can post my website link and what we do so I can build my email list to 200-300 people?

Also, my website is http://useraffinity.carrd.co just for informational purposes.

  1. 2

    Medium
    Google+ communities
    Bootstrappers.io
    Reddit
    Readory
    Betapage.co
    Hackr.io
    HackerNews
    Barnacles
    10words.io
    Updates on earlystagenews.com
    Startup buffer

  2. 2

    I would add more clarity to your website before you start promoting it. It's not 100% clear to me what your service is.

  3. 1

    One of my acquaintances and their cofounder had $8 put together. Here's their journey - https://madhugb.com/blog/last-eight-dollars/ :-)

    I like @eelcoj's suggestion - had to put in effort to read what you actually do. The name is secondary.

    You could try and post comments on GrowthHackers.com
    Lots of marketers there who might want to try out Carrd.

  4. 1

    I love the landing page!

    Few things come to mind to get people in:

    • Create a persona of your ideal user
    • Figure out where they hang out, what FB groups they are in, what hashtags they use, who do they follow on Insta, Twitter, Reddit.
    • Join the conversation in a helpful way without necessarily pushing your product, but still make them aware of it by using your band account.

    Maybe this doesn't seem very helpful, but seems to me if you don't want to spend on paid ads you have to engage with your customers as much as possible.

  5. 1

    Small change in the copy could help for starters.

    Change current h1 to something like Unlimited user tests with videos right to your inbox. What you do is more important than your product's name.
    Add another accompanying text that sells it more, eg. "catch visual bugs in Internet explorer", "improve the checkout flow for your demographics". The specifics of your plan don't help with this.

    By thinking a bit more about the message on your page, helps you think about how to market and pitch your product.
    This is something you can then use to directly and actively reach out to possible customers. At it's current stage you cannot rely on passive platforms like PH, HN and the likes.

    Email founders with a text that might trigger: when was the last time you tested X on a windows machine? and give a nice freebie with it.

    1. 1

      can you review my changes?

  6. 1

    Product Hunt, Hacker News? In general, go to where your target market is. Your product looks broad, but I know digital marketers using products like yours a lot to throw up test sites and pages. Put together a list of Digital Marketer forums and Facebook groups and share there.