2
5 Comments

Ask IH: How can I help you this week?

Just what the title says. If anyone just needs help with something related to their project/career, I'd love to help if I can. No payment necessary.

I'm a self-taught, full-stack engineer, who spent several years in industry before going the freelance route. I'm also a native reader/writer of English with a pretty good eye for detail, so I'm happy to help proofread copy/text if that's helpful. I won't go so far as offering to write code for free, but I'm happy to give advice/feedback in that area as well.

  1. 1

    Hi James,

    Super generous offer, and I can't resist! Would love to hear your feedback on Sponsor Hunt (www.sponsorhunt.io), just launched and could certainly use some feedback on design/copy/anything really! :)

    Let me know if you need a hand with anything as well - eager to return the favor 🤝

    1. 2

      Alright, some thoughts. Just keep in mind that I'm neither your target customer nor an expert marketer, so take this with lots of grains of salt.

      1. "Sponsor communities in exchange for exposure and feedback." confused me a bit at first. It's not a tit-for-tat exchange, you're getting a benefit from sponsoring them. Which theoretically is access to your ideal target market. 'exchange' is confusing.
      2. I like your list of values. Although grammatically the sentences are different tenses. Might want to make them consistent.
      3. I like the list of opportunities. Embedding the AirMap table seems like a solid way to validate things without building out a full UI.
      4. Should 'remove listing' get the same level of attention as 'looking for a sponsor?' or 'eager to be a sponsor?'
      5. I don't quite follow what 'Magic Advertiser' actually is.
      6. The difference between 'Request sponsorship' and 'List opportunity' isn't immediately clear. My initial assumption is that both refer to listing something that can get sponsored, but that's not the case?

      The opportunity seems really cool and I love the mint! Hopefully some of this is helpful. Good luck!

      1. 1

        Hi James, Thanks so much for all the feedback!

        1. I've swapped out the hero text to fix it!

        2. I'm absolutely terrible with tenses and I don't really see the inconsistency.

        3. Thank you! :)

        4. Hmm, good point. Will consider removing it all together as part of a pivot.

        5. It was meant to sound a bit mysterious to get people to click it, but I think the consensus is that most people are just confused by it! In short, it's meant to be a kind of concierge service where you request us to find advertising spots for you.

        6. Yeah, certainly could be made more clear. It's basically the difference between "I have a community and I want to advertise businesses" vs "I have a business and would like to place an advertisement in a community". Tried making it shorter and less wordy and "Request Sponsorship" and "List opportunity" was the outcome - but seems it's more ambiguous than anything!

        Thanks a ton for all your feedback. I can tell you put a ton of thought into it and I'm super grateful.

        1. 1

          Of course! I'm glad it seems useful. Best of luck to you!

    2. 2

      Awesome! I can take a look this afternoon :)