2
14 Comments

Anyone have any success with using Bubble.is for a prototype?

I'm an aspiring non-tech indi hacker (currently learning js.).

I have played around with bubble.is a bit to see if I could use it as a proof of concept solution.

Has anyone had any success doing this? I like the concept for developing MVP apps but I'm wondering if it's worth the investment in learning the ins and outs of how to use it.

Anyone have anything to share?

  1. 3

    Hey @ZachHack , I've been talking to @fayewatson a fair bit about using Bubble.is. Faye is an active member in bubble.is and might be able to answer the above.

    1. 1

      Thanks for the connection!

    2. 1

      Thanks for the connection @Nakkeeran!

      1. 1

        Thank you for tagging me, @Nakkeeran! :)

        @ZachHack Happy to answer any questions you have about Bubble, or provide more info on how long it may take to learn/build your proof of concept. There is a little more info about Bubble, and some of the more successful companies using Bubble in this thread (https://www.indiehackers.com/forum/no-code-web-apps-i-e-bubble-ce7d3feef3). Feel free to PM me anytime in the Bubble forum (my username is @fayewatson there as well), and I'd be glad to help in any way that I can!

        1. 2

          @fayewatson thanks for all the input! Super helpful, and another reason why I love the IH community. I will find ou in the bubble forum to seek advice!

  2. 2

    I have been an active Bubble user for almost 3 years and I 100% recommend it overall. That being said, it does depend on the type of MVP / app you want to build. I only recommend it for Web Based applications, not so much native mobile apps. Also there are some areas where it lacks, but or the most part speeds up all development.

    My SaaS stack is mostly Bubble, and we've been operating profitably on it or a couple years. The speed at which it allows us to improve features in our app is a competitive advantage (but also a tempting to waste time building just because we can, versus actually needing to).

    Let me know the type of app you want to build and I can help give you some guidance on if it's a good use case for Bubble, or post it into the Bubble Forum, there's a very active and helpful community there.

  3. 1

    This comment was deleted 8 years ago

    1. 1

      Wow, great website. Is it all realized in bubble, without any coding?
      How much space does Bubble offer?
      Just one more question, please. Where are you subscriptions saved, in a bubble database?

    2. 1

      however the actual SaaS is built with Bubble, fairpay.app
      Is it working now? The form for sign up doesn't look alive...

      1. 1

        Yup, it's working, I've had a few signups today without issue.

        1. 1

          Still not working for me. Do you have special requirements for name, password etc?

          1. 1

            Sorry about that, password should be 8 characters long but that's it

            1. 1

              Heh, it's exactly 8.

              1. 1

                Did you try again? I literally just tried and had no issues signing up. I do check for a valid email (to avoid test@test.com and emails like it)

                1. 1

                  Thanks, it finally works.