4
7 Comments

Show IH: Can you critique our email-collecting page?

Pluto: Overcome the Gravity

  1. 2

    Hi IH!

    We were trying to give users very little information about what the product actually does, and instead get them hooked on the pretty design.

    It's been working out pretty good so far, but we've only used very-well targeted ads. (In-app advertising in Tomato One)

    I was wondering what would IH crowd think about it. Are you annoyed due to lack of information? Do you like the design as much as we do?

    Thanks!

  2. 1

    Problems I see:

    • it doesn't explain what your app does
    • h1 text is overlapping the phone mockup
    • multiple links to your blog and twitter account, whereas there should be only one action to take. You can move them to the thank you post signup page.
    1. 1

      I believe what Vojtech was trying to say by his post, is that the website is converting very well, even though there's a very little explanation about it.

      Why do you see heading overlapping the screenshot as a problem?

      I like your third point, that makes sense.

      1. 1

        The title says "Can you critique our email-collecting page?" and that's what I did.

        I have never seen a title text overlapping a mockup before and it feels like a bug rather than something wanted.

        1. 1

          Got it. I thought your concern had deeper ui or ux base. Didn't realize it was just a subjective feeling. :)

  3. 1

    Unsure what it is or what it does. No more info available so I backed out after glancing at the blog.

    Spent about 3-5 seconds all total and half of that was figuring out why I couldn't scroll down to see more.

  4. 1

    So I'm guessing this is some sort of app/timer that tells you to go take a break after working X period of time? That's what I got out of it.

    Recommendation: the textbox for entering your email is rather dark and could be easy to miss. Maybe make it white? or at least a lighter color.

    I like the overall simple design though. But I'm only guessing what it does from the screenshot and the vague text.

  5. 1

    This comment was deleted 7 years ago