4
5 Comments

ChatOps landing page feedback

Hi guys,

Thanks to great feedback I received here at IH, I finally finished the landing page of the ChatOps tool I am building. I used Launchaco for it, which was pretty amazing!

Could you guys give me feedback? I won't elaborate too much on the tool so I can understand of the content of my landing page is good enough.

The url is: https://coolops.io/

Thank you very much! You guys are really amazing.

  1. 2

    I definitely need a little bit more detail to start with.
    "ChatOps" almost implies "Slack" these days, so your above-the-fold content really isn't telling me much. Given that's all I've got to go on before you ask me to start a trial, I feel like there's a missed opportunity.

    Having an entire screenshot of Slack also isn't adding much value, as there's a lot of boilerplate; It was hard to see what was going on in your screen shot, and my first thought was about the site for https://marbot.io/ - they show a small snippet of their functionality, rather than the whole Slack.

    1. 1

      Thank you @rowanu, those a great feedbacks.

      That's a good point about ChatOps implying Slack. Thinking about it I also think that other chat tools are not so much adopted. I removed it.

      Do you have any hint on a better content for the hero?

      I ended up putting the whole Slack picture because I was biased with the computer frame. But I also think it gives a bit more context on how the integration looks. What do you think?

      Thanks again!

  2. 2

    I'm familiar with deployments and Slack, but I hadn't heard the particular term 'ChatOps' before. I still understood what the page was about so it passes the 5 second test for me.

    So congratulations, you have built the perfect landing page. 🍹

    I wish you good luck! ✨

    1. 2

      Why I think so:

      • Nice logo, bold and clear
      • Short and clear headline
      • Perfect mockup pictures
      • Responsive and looks good on mobile
      • Primary action stands out very well
      • Very close to 1:1 attention ratio, good for conversion

      Slight concern:

      • Supportive action takes the user away from the landing page, but I couldn't come up with a better solution in your case.

      I guess it's marketing, marketing, marketing time.

    2. 1

      Thank you @krmbzds.

      Thanks for pointing out what you thought it was good on the landing page.

      I was also concern about taking the user to Github. But I have the feeling that it will be important for the understanding of the system.

      Thank you very much. If you would like to test it, I would love to go through the tool with you.