1
2 Comments

Growth marketer looking for tech co-founder with a passion for music & edu

Hey everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to check out this post, I'll try and get straight to the point.

I'm a digital/growth marketer with a huge passion for music, education, personal development, entrepreneurship and tech.

I've worked in the music industry for the past 5~ years or so mainly around event management/marketing & artist development but I've also developed an arrange of skills over the past few years through personal consulting & side projects. I have always had a passion for self education and technology ever since I could get my hands on a computer.

As you all know, technology and the commoditization of information is radically changing every industry before our eyes. I personally believe that music is one major industry that is up next for great change. It's behind in many ways and has lots of opportunity for innovation. It's only a matter of time before people like myself decide that change is needed and act on it.

So here's my pitch:

I've been carefully working on a business for the past few months that is now currently in need of a technical co-founder to take it to it's next stage. The vision is centered around bridging the gap between entrepreneurial thinking and the path of indie artistry. The business model is quite a unique mix. As of now, I see it as a cross blend between a SaaS, a community, an educational provider and an agency.

To keep this post short, I'm not going to get into all the nitty gritty as I'm really just posting this to see if anyone is out there that my vision speaks to and if there is, let's talk! Simple as that.

Looking forward to your guys responses, please feel free to ask any questions!

  1. 1

    Hey Logan - good luck with your search.

    As a non-technical founder myself, I want to push you make more progress on your project to continue taking it to the next level without a technical co-founder.

    For instance, since you didn't mention it above...do you already have a landing page? If not, you could make one using Wix / Squarespace, etc.

    And then, go out and talk to your customers, and see if you can get 100 people to sign up on your wait list.

    If you do this, then you can de-risk your idea more. For whoever is potentially looking to work together, it'll show you are more serious about working on it (since you have validated the idea with the market).

    Good luck!

    Cheers,
    Jonathan

    1. 1

      Thanks for the response Jonathan.

      I totally get where you are coming from.

      I actually just got a nice landing page up this weekend and I start with content and community building Monday. I have a pretty good feeling that getting those 100 signups will be quite an easy task.

      The supply to demand ratio in this niche is pretty insane, that being there is so much demand but little supply.

      I agree that having some data will be a much better approach to finding a co-founder and I actually do have data now, just didn't want to get too heavy into the nitty gritty on this post yet but anyways, wish me luck! :)